Real Estate - Associate
Join our band 1 real estate team in Sheffield offering excellent client exposure.
About the role
Working as part of the leading Real Estate practice group which spans over multiple offices you will experience a wide range of Real Estate transactions, advising investors, developers and occupiers, as well as property related joint ventures, limited partnerships and unit trusts for both investment and development projects. Our client-focussed approach means you would be working with a number of different colleagues, gaining exposure to a wide variety of transactions, rather than specialising in a particular aspect of real estate.
You will regularly deal with £multi-million transactions and act for some of the largest property owners and developers in the country. You will advise on all aspects of real estate business including major retail, industrial, mixed use and office developments, property financing commercial landlord and tenant matters and, portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have gained excellent relevant experience from a recognised real estate department of a major or medium sized firm.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the commercial property industry.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have relevant experience in dealing with transactions structured through corporate and offshore vehicles will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Have a strong academic background.
- Have the ambition to succeed and commitment to business development and client relationship management.
- Be commercially orientated with good business acumen and a commitment to innovation.
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be well-organised with strong administration and time management skills and the ability and drive to meet demanding deadlines.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Claire Keen, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.