Corporate Associate / Senior Associate
We are looking for a bright and commercially focused Associate/ Senior Associate to join our highly regarded Corporate team.
About the role
Looking for your next step on the corporate career ladder?
CMS’s international focus means that you will have the opportunity for cross border work and international transactions across key industry sectors as well as exposure to clients early on in your career.
You will be responsible for a variety of work in a broad based role including;
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets
- Providing efficient professional support to partners
- Developing professional client relationships
- Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
- Involvement in marketing events
- Managing and supervising the work of others including trainees
- You will have excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice
- Due to the role being client facing you will need to have sound judgment and good interpersonal and consultancy skills
- To meet the needs of the role, you will have an appropriate level of post qualification experience (we anticipate a minimum of 3 PQE) in a leading law firm.
- The ability to communicate succinctly with clients is a must
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Phoebe Napier, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.