Assistant Paralegal - Real Estate
Your chance to join our dedicated Paralegal team. The work focuses on supporting the Real Estate team with administrative support.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a number of different Lawyers and clients across the UK, supporting with legal tasks the focus of the work will be supporting the Real Estate team.
Examples of the type of work you will get involved with include;
- Extranet site set up for uploading and maintenance of electronic copies of deeds and documents.
- Checking deeds and creating deeds schedules and scheduling.
- Assisting with the submission of searches and maintaining search schedules.
- Locating and requesting title deeds, amending schedules and updating Master Schedules.
- Opening files and (where appropriate) establishing initial entry on client report or similar and confirming fee arrangements.
- Straightforward Land Registry applications including checking superior titles and removing entries by Land Registry application.
- Preparing/arranging the preparation of engrossments together with any ancillary forms, including client specific forms and arranging submission of engrossments to tenant and client for execution.
- Preparing simple transactional forms
- Ordering official copy title information and documentation from the Land Registry
- Dealing with post-completion matters including:
- provision of copy documents to client
- extranet uploading
- preparing any client specific forms
- arranging updating of deeds' schedules and deeds being returned to storage
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with legal experience ideally gained within a commercial real estate department but not essential. You will have a keen eye for detail with the ability to use your initiative and must be used to dealing with a large workload. You will have a strong academic background including a degree (2.1 or equivalent) in law or equivalent qualification. Alternatively, you may be working towards CILEX.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online or contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.