Corporate Responsibility Assistant - FTC
We are looking to recruit a proactive Corporate Responsibility (CR) Assistant to provide administrative, organisational and general support in relation to our programme and initiatives.
About the role
The ideal candidate will have a confident and tactful manner. You will be a self-starter, able to balance a busy workload with a positive attitude.
You will be supporting the Head of CR, the CR Team and the various committees that manage the different strands of CR across our offices. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a variety of volunteering programmes
- Working with the Team in managing all aspects of the firm’s UK Charitable Giving Programme, including fundraising initiatives and awareness raising campaigns and strengthening the relationship with the firm’s two key charity partners: Room to Read (global) and Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Providing support to the firm’s Corporate Foundation
- Assisting with the firm’s environmental work
- Liaising with clients on collaborative CR projects
- Drafting internal communications to ensure CR programmes and activities across the firm are communicated effectively
- Managing administrative tasks such as the processing of invoices, ongoing maintenance, and development of the CR intranet and website pages
This is a 3 months fixed term contract.
Ideal candidates will have an enthusiastic interest in CR. This role will be suited to someone who is able to manage a number of prioritise at any one time and has the ability to work under pressure. In addition to being able to communicate effectively at all levels; we are looking for someone with strong organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.