Insurance Reinsurance Associate
Our busy and dynamic Insurance and Reinsurance team have a rare opportunity for an associate to join the team.
About the role
You will work as part of this experienced and supportive team to advise a spectrum of clients from high profile blue chip listed public companies to smaller commercial organisations on a wide range of Insurance and Reinsurance related matters.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Defending professional negligence claims against construction professionals, solicitors, insurance brokers and financial professionals, as well as reinsurance, construction, property, financial lines, D&O, energy and aviation claims.
- Providing efficient professional support for partners
- Developing professional relationships with clients
- Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising profile of the firm
- Involvement in marketing events
- Appropriate level of post qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 1-3 years) in a City, major regional or leading international firm.
- Experience in handling clients in major blue chip companies
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice
- Due to the role being client facing you will need to have sound judgement and good interpersonal and consultancy skills.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Interim Recruitment Manager, for more information.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.