Professional Support Lawyer, Funds
Newly merged CMS are certainly the future facing law. This is your chance to join an innovative band 1 Funds team.
About the role
You will be an integral part of our funds team and the broader PSL community. Working with partners you will streamline training programmes, marketing initiatives as well as supporting our busy lawyers with your expertise in Funds law and regulation at all levels.
Key technical knowledge areas include: funds in the unlisted and listed environment, a working knowledge of private fund agreements, club, segregated mandate and co-investment agreements, joint venture agreements, sale and purchase agreements, UK limited partnerships, jersey unit trusts, Luxembourg structuring vehicles, regulations including AIFMD, MiFIDand BEPS. Supporting initiatives on document automation/other business efficiencies. Regular production of concise, readable and relevant client briefings for website and mailshots, liaising with associates, other teams and overseas offices as necessary.
You will have the ability to create, research and write thought leadership pieces in liaison with business support executive. As well as drafting and giving presentations for associates and occasionally client seminars.
• A mid/senior lawyer capable of gaining the respect and confidence of partners, lawyers and trainees on technical and commercial issues.
• Excellent written / oral communication and drafting skills.
• Good understanding of best use of IT and other support functions to enhance advice and services, both within the firm and externally to clients.
• Enthusiasm with an open professional attitude.
• Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Excellent training/presentation and organisational skills
• Experience in a fee-earning or PSL role relative to Funds law within a City law firm or equivalent.
• You will have key market knowledge areas include: general funds and asset management, real estate, infrastructure, private equity, venture capital and institutional investment.
• Involved in maximising the Funds department’s potential and armed with excellent people skills.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
CMS, Nabarro and Olswang have recently combined to create a truly modern, ambitious, sector driven and technology focused firm for the future. Together we are the 6th largest UK law firm (by UK revenue) and the 6th largest law firm globally (by headcount) with outstanding global reach: serving 39 countries across 70 offices.
All 3 firms have very similar values running through them which will ring true after the combination. We work hard to be a truly client-focused law firm. That means not just understanding the unique challenges of every market sector, but also providing a service that’s tailored to the needs of each client. Our partners are hands-on and work hard to get closer to clients with everything from joint training initiatives and advice surgeries to visits and social events. What’s more, our teams have the ideal balance of personality and industry expertise to suit the varied needs of our clients.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Recruitment Advisor for more information.