Real Estate Associates - 0-4 PQE
Our award winning Real Estate team has a number of 0-4 PQE vacancies due to the expansion of our Real Estate team following our recent merger.
About the role
Working as part of this leading European Real Estate Team which spans multiple jurisdictions you will experience the fullest possible range of real estate transactions advising all types of investors, developers, financers and occupiers in relation to a variety of projects. Known for its client focused approach and its thought leadership, at CMS you will be working with colleagues in the real estate sector with a wide range of specialism.
You will regularly deal with £multi-million pounds transactions and act for some of the largest investors (ranging from institutional investors to private equity and overseas investors) and developers in the country. The CMS Real Estate Team not only advises on all of the traditional real estate asset classes but also is known for its leading role in a number of the more recent alternative real estate asset classes including student accommodation, hotels and leisure, renewable energy and infrastructure
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified solicitor NQ-4PQE
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the commercial property industry
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Gained excellent relevant experience from a recognised real estate department of a major or medium sized city firm
- Relevant experience will also include dealing with transactions structured through corporate and offshore vehicles
- In addition, candidates should have a strong academic background, the ambition to succeed and commitment to business development and client relationship management
- Be commercially orientated with good business acumen and a commitment to innovation
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be well-organised with strong administration and time management skills and the ability and drive to meet demanding deadlines
- Appropriate level of post qualification experience in a leading firm
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
CMS, Nabarro and Olswang have recently combined to create a truly modern, ambitious, sector driven and technology focused firm for the future. Together we are the 6th largest UK law firm (by UK revenue) and the 6th largest law firm globally (by headcount) with outstanding global reach: serving 39 countries across 70 offices.
All 3 firms have very similar values running through them which will ring true after the combination. We work hard to be a truly client-focused law firm. That means not just understanding the unique challenges of every market sector, but also providing a service that’s tailored to the needs of each client. Our partners are hands-on and work hard to get closer to clients with everything from joint training initiatives and advice surgeries to visits and social events. What’s more, our teams have the ideal balance of personality and industry expertise to suit the varied needs of our clients.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Claire Keen, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.