Corporate Associate 1-3PQE
Following our recent successful merger CMS is certainly the future facing law firm. We are now hiring for our highly regarded Corporate team in Sheffield.
About the role
The Corporate group provides a wide range of legal services to a diverse client base, ranging from young entrepreneurial businesses to substantial public and private corporates including some long established household names. The role will involve supporting the partners and other senior fee-earners across offices based in Sheffield, London and Manchester on a broad range of corporate transactions, including mid-market M&A, equity capital markets work, cross-border transactions, group reorganisations and some private equity work.
What we would like from you is;
• Good corporate experience from within a respected firm
• Good level of academic achievement
• Experience of either private equity or capital markets work is desirable but not essential
• Ability to demonstrate involvement and contribution to practice development
• Strong communication skills
• A willingness to get involved in business development initiatives
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proactive approach to technical development
• Desire and skillset to build relationships both internally and externally
• A commitment to provide top quality services to our clients
• Taking pride and responsibility in the work you deliver
• Drive and ambition to succeed and be part of a global legal practice
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
CMS, Nabarro and Olswang have recently combined to create a truly modern, ambitious, sector driven and technology focused firm for the future. Together we are the 6th largest UK law firm (by UK revenue) and the 6th largest law firm globally (by headcount) with outstanding global reach: serving 39 countries across 70 offices.
All 3 firms have very similar values running through them which will ring true after the combination. We work hard to be a truly client-focused law firm. That means not just understanding the unique challenges of every market sector, but also providing a service that’s tailored to the needs of each client. Our partners are hands-on and work hard to get closer to clients with everything from joint training initiatives and advice surgeries to visits and social events. What’s more, our teams have the ideal balance of personality and industry expertise to suit the varied needs of our clients.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.