Legal Executive / Legal Assistant - Real Estate
About the role
The Real Estate Group specialises in all the key issues affecting the property sector – including finance, planning, construction and development, investment and environmental law.
The team acts for leading listed and private property companies, institutional property investment funds and banks as well as a number of internationally based high net worth private investors.
The successful candidate will be involved a wide range of work, which will involve direct client contact and include:
- Dealing with their own caseload (under the supervision of an associate in the team) of transactional asset management work such as the grant and renewal of leases and occupational licences as well as management matters, including licences to assign, alter and underlet.
- Supporting associates in the team in connection with larger transactions (such as sales, purchases, property finance and corporate support matters), which may include:
- Dealing with replies to CPSEs including collating any necessary information and arranging access to extranet disclosure information;
- Land Registry applications including checking superior titles and removing entries by Land Registry application;
- Preparation of engrossments together with any necessary client specific forms and arranging submission of engrossments to tenant and client for execution.
- Maintaining schedules and spreadsheets of ongoing transactions.
- Preparing bundles of documents for sales on properties (including by way of auction) and assisting with the sale/conveyancing process.
The successful candidate will benefit from ongoing support and training in the role from senior members of the team with a view to developing their knowledge and expertise.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate theoretical knowledge as well as practical legal experience gained within a real estate team.
- Ideally be educated to degree level and/or LPC level and/or CILEX qualified.
- Ideally have experience within a real estate team of a law firm or in house environment.
- Have excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Demonstrate strong drafting skills.
- Have experience of running their own caseloads and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be self-motivated and proactive; enthusiastic; confident team player.
- Have excellent organisational skills; be flexible and able to effectively manage a number of priorities at any one time.
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Claire Keen, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.