We are looking for an enthusiastic individual ideally with a degree in Law and previous paralegal experience to join our Legal Support Unit as a Paralegal.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a number of different Lawyers and clients across the UK, supporting them with legal tasks. The focus of the work will be supporting the Real Estate team.
xamples of the type of work you will get involved with include;
• Land Registry applications including checking superior titles and removing entries by Land Registry application.
• Dealing with replies to CPSEs including collating any necessary information and arranging access to extranet disclosure information.
• Preparation of engrossments together with any necessary client specific forms and arranging submission of engrossments to tenant and client for execution.
• Drafting of initial draft documents (to include straight forward leases) (as directed by and under the supervision of the associate with control of the file)
• Drafting client specific forms/document reports.
• Dealing with transactional asset management work such as rent review memoranda and licences to assign, alter and underlet.
• Submitting searches via Searchflow and maintaining search schedules.
• Dealing with post-completion matters including:
• provision of copy documents to client
• extranet uploading
• preparing any client specific forms; and arranging updating of deeds' schedules and deeds being returned to storage; and preparation of SDLT returns.
Educated to degree level, preferably in law or business law, or CILEX qualified. We are looking for candidates dedicated to a career as a paralegal.
• Previous paralegal experience or experienced legal secretary, ideally within commercial real estate
• Excellent attention to detail; an analytical, thorough and committed approach to work
• Ability to follow procedures and recommend improvements if appropriate
• Exceptional communication skills; must be able to interact with partners and associates
• Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
• Ability to work well in a team
• Excellent IT skills
• Enthusiastic and pro-active approach
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
CMS, Nabarro and Olswang have recently combined to create a truly modern, ambitious, sector driven and technology focused firm for the future. Together we are the 6th largest UK law firm (by UK revenue) and the 6th largest law firm globally (by headcount) with outstanding global reach: serving 39 countries across 70 offices.
All 3 firms have very similar values running through them which will ring true after the combination. We work hard to be a truly client-focused law firm. That means not just understanding the unique challenges of every market sector, but also providing a service that’s tailored to the needs of each client. Our partners are hands-on and work hard to get closer to clients with everything from joint training initiatives and advice surgeries to visits and social events. What’s more, our teams have the ideal balance of personality and industry expertise to suit the varied needs of our clients.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.