Business Development Executive, Corporate Projects - 12 month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
About Corporate Projects
Ashurst has a proven record as one of the leading firms in the Projects space, encompassing work across the Utilities (conventional power, nuclear, waste and renewables), Natural Resources (including oil & gas and mining), Transport (road, rail, ports, airports) and Infrastructure (social infrastructure, health, custodial and defence) sectors.
We bring a breadth of perspective and business acumen that comes from advising the full range of market participants, including public sector clients, sponsors, contractors, equity investors and debt financiers. Our integrated team of Projects specialists from the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and North America provide a seamless service on first-of-a-kind landmark deals, coordinating across jurisdictions, regions and time zones.
Business Area – Business Development
Role: BD Executive, Corporate Projects - 12 month FTC
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 9:30 - 17:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Department/ Role Overview:
Working directly with partners in the Corporate Projects practice and across the relevant industry groups therein to provide pro-active marketing support and high quality services to fee earners such as pitch proposals, events organisation, marketing collateral and other general BD and profile-raising tasks.
- Provide tactical and creative advice to partners in the Corporate Projects practice group to help drive their marketing/BD efforts, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress versus objectives.
- Management of a BD budget, ensuring spend is aligned to business plans.
- Maintain a series of marketing materials (brochures, flyers etc), including writing content and liaising with the design and brand team as required.
- Proactively track client and industry news and trends, spotting revenue generation opportunities and driving the opportunity to its ultimate conclusion.
- Plan and manage events of all descriptions, including client dinners and hospitality events, seminars and sponsorships from inception to completion, to ensure maximum stand-out and ROI.
- Proactively work with the PR team on media opportunities within the market to boost the team's profile.
- Co-ordinate and manage industry memberships to maximise membership benefits and ensure good attendance at membership events, as well as hosting membership events as and when relevant to do so.
- Assist the partners with their CRP (client relationship partner) duties, includes preparing and maintaining client relationship plans and client facing materials, and monitoring and reporting on client activity.
- Ensure digital channels (website, social media, direct mail) are maximised in support of BD initiatives and activities, liaise with the digital team where needed and report on analytics to measure success.
- Ensure all materials, pitch records, CVs, experience statements and contact/mailing lists are clean, up to date and easily accessible.
- Assist with the co-ordination of directory/league table submissions and awards, ensure all submissions are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Manage the production of pitches (including panel pitches) received through RfP (Request for Proposal) or ad hoc opportunities, ensuring that the client team deliver these pitches to the highest of standards and to deadline.
- Collaborate effectively with partners, finance and BD to create unique ideas, solutions or approaches to deliver winning pitches.
- Working with the client team on interview rehearsals, working collaboratively with the team on tactics and strategy.
- Providing practice or client related input, as required, on transactional pitches across the Ashurst network.
- Collect, distribute and act on post pitch feedback.
- Act as an advocate for the Business Development department at practice level, ensuring key messages, brand strategy and marketing output in all its forms is properly understood and appreciated by partners and lawyers.
- Work effectively as a team with the whole Business Development department, sharing best practice initiatives and providing innovative suggestions across practices.
- Work with other industry teams as required.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Analytical and intelligent, able to work effectively with partners
- Attention to detail
- Excellent all-round communication skills
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Dynamism and great all-round communication skills
- Determination and commitment to ensure successful completion of projects
- Creativity and initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
- Lateral thinking and the ability to overcome obstacles
- Sense of humour and can-do attitude
- Team player
- Computer literate - intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office
Our Culture is shaped by our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Accountability. They guide how we relate with each other, our clients, our behaviour.