International Tax Manager - 18 Month FTC
- Responsible for managing the non-UK tax reserves for Allen & Overy partners globally, including set up, reconciliation and subsequent release.
- Management of withholding tax issues on intercompany & client transactions.
- Involvement in key projects such as reorganisations and tax structuring related modelling.
- Partners' Affairs & Tax Team, International Finance Managers, Partners, External Tax Advisers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Direct line management responsibility for the International Tax Assistant and Tax Consultant, including workload management, coaching & development.
Management of all non-UK partner tax reserve balances, delegating work to other team members as appropriate, with responsibility for:
- Establishment, ongoing maintenance and revaluation of tax reserves balances held in foreign currencies.
- Liaising with Allen & Overy finance teams globally to reconcile and ensure accurate posting of international tax payments.
- Liaising with international offices, tax authorities and individual partners as necessary to arrange payments/refunds in respect of any residual balances.
- On-going review and reconciliation of individual partner international tax reserves, including processing of any necessary adjustments,
- Review and improvement of existing processes in these areas.
- Management of withholding tax matters, with responsibility for both internal and client withholding tax queries, liaising with clients, partners, other fee earners, and finance teams globally, as required ensuring financial loss through irrecoverable withholding taxes is minimised.
- Management of international deferred tax calculations (e.g. Italy, Spain, Australia, etc) to ensure that the correct equity adjustments are made.
- Management of the annual UK DTR claims for the UK resident partners in relation to the valve territories, together with subsequent revisions as necessary following amendments to non-UK tax liabilities.
- Management of tax compliance matters, in conjunction with the local office and global finance teams for several territories, including Australia.
- Involvement in year end work processes, including management of the tax charge disclosure, total tax contribution, and Country by Country Reporting work alongside the tax equalisation work.
- Management of other ad hoc projects, such as modelling work in relation to proposed restructurings.
- Must be a team player, able to develop & lead staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with partners, finance teams globally and external advisers.
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of 'client service'.
- Strong analytical and IT skills, particularly MS Excel and Word and the ability to adapt to unfamiliar packages.
- Willing to travel to London and further afield.
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc)
- CTA desirable.