Legal PA - Real Estate
This is an exciting time to join Howard Kennedy. The firm has completed two recent mergers and has moved to smart new offices at London Bridge. The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, and is an ambitious firm looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought.
To provide first class professional legal PA support to the Head of Real Estate, a Partner, two Solicitors and a Trainee within the Investment, Landlord & Tenant team of an extremely busy Real Estate Department.
The Firm’s Real Estate Department has established a reputation for providing practical and proactive commercial property law advice through a comprehensive understanding of the real estate market. The Firm is committed to a strong Real Estate function being at its heart.
Our Real Estate Department covers a multitude of areas including: Property Investment and Management, Property Development, Commercial Property, Construction, Planning, Residential Property, Property Litigation, Property Finance and Financial Regulation and Investment Funds.
Legal PA's work principally for named fee earners, however all PA's work as part of a team with shared responsibilities. Team members will be expected to prioritise and share tasks when appropriate in order to meet business needs.
Tasks and responsibilities
The PA will support their fee earners, ensuring all PA duties are looked after in an efficient and organised manner.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Extensive diary management.
- Organising travel arrangements and processing monthly credit card statements.
- Responsible for taking minutes at meetings and following up on action points.
- Producing correspondence via BigHand digital dictation system and/or copy typing and sending on fee earner's behalf.
- Amending documents (at times lengthy) using track changes.
- Converting documents from Word to PDF and vice versa.
- Proof reading to ensure all documents produced are accurate and correctly presented.
- Property searches (Stanley Davis/Searchflow/TM Group/Land Registry, in particular apply for title documents, general searches, index map search (whole or part of land) and apply for office copy entries).
- Complete documentation on Laserforms to be filed at the Land Registry.
- Preparation of accounts forms and, where necessary, management of client invoices.
- Liaising with your respective fee earner to establish priority of work.
- Corresponding or speaking with clients/third parties as required. Pass on accurate messages and produce documentation last minute and take up to client meetings at short notice.
- Maintain up-to-date files of all correspondence and other documents electronically.
- Put together bundles of title documents for developments and copy onto a disk.
- Scanning/copying as required.
- Archiving and retrieving documents from storage as necessary.
- File opening and uploading of CDD onto the system using Mattersphere.
- Setting up Data Rooms
- Ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
- Proven experience of legal PA work in a demanding, fast –paced real estate department.
- Previous experience of supporting at Department Head/Head of Team level.
- Typing speed of 70wpm+ and with a very high level of accuracy.
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills, with the ability to consistently produce accurate, correctly presented documents.
- Experience in completing Laser forms, land registry searches and using TM Searches/Searchflow
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Practical use of BigHand digital dictation system.
- Practical use of Outlook, Filesite, Powerpoint, Excel and Elite.
- Enthusiastic and committed.
- A resilient character with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- A strong team player.
- A strong communicator with individuals of all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme