Solicitor / Associate - Planning
This is an exciting time to join Howard Kennedy. The firm has completed two recent mergers and has moved to smart new offices at London Bridge. The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, and is an ambitious firm looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought.
We have a great opportunity for an associate/solicitor with solid planning experience to join our thriving and growing Real Estate department. This is a fast-paced, autonomous role that will give you real scope, quality work and the chance to develop and grow your expertise. You will work with developers on all aspects of planning law, from advising on applications, handling appeals and advising on planning conditions and agreements.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Advising on the promotion of planning applications
- Advising on implementation and modification and release of planning conditions
- Researching and advising on heritage issues including listed buildings/conservation area controls; lawful development certificates and advertisement consents; planning enforcement; highways; and town and village green issues
- Preparation for and project management of major planning inquiries, appeals and examinations
- Section 106 agreement and section 278 agreement drafting and negotiation
- Consistently meeting chargeable and non-chargeable targets
- Ensuring that billing is done in a timely and effective manner
- Grows and retains the team’s portfolio with a profitable client base
In order to successfully apply for this role, you must have strong planning experience acting for developers.
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities.
- Must be commercial, pragmatic, and proactive in approach.
- Strong team focus, working with and encouraging a collaborative approach.
- Strong client focus with the ability to create and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Confident in managing clients' expectations, deals effectively with issues and promotes a feeling of client satisfaction.
- Enthusiastic about being an ambassador for the firm and actively encourages firm-wide development of business across departments.
- Demonstrates a considered approach to risk management, actively promoting a culture of risk awareness and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Compliant in all respects with the firm's time recording computerised system and arranging for billing and proper case handling and management of files. Must use their best endeavours to meet the reasonable billing targets.
- Demonstrates behaviours at all times that are aligned with the firm’s values and expectations and acts as a role model for others
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme