Senior Secretary (Real Estate)
We are recruiting a Senior Secretary to take responsibility for the efficient running of the hub and to support Partners within the team.
This is a role for an individual who thrives on delivering results to a diverse and challenging client group, and who is looking to build a career as part of a leading global law firm.
You will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take responsibility for the efficient running of the hub. Be an effective team member and act as workflow supervisor where required on a shared basis with Senior Secretaries. Ensure urgent work requests are promptly completed or communicated to the appropriate hub team member
- Ensure all work (other than confidential) is directed through the hub and is undertaken in the correct priority order
- Draw up a plan to share any complex tasks which are time permitting
- Proactively engage with and assist fee earners regarding work requirements and support them to access the hub
- Communicate with Fee Earners to keep them appraised of a task's status
- Engage in mutual delegation of tasks between hub team members and assist the hub team to meet deadlines
- Ensure clear and concise record keeping relating to tasks undertaken and correct filing of tasks and supporting materials (e.g. email instructions / discussions)
- Collaborate with hub team members on hub processes, procedures and solutions
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of working within Real Estate
- Planning and organising
- Impact and influence
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Interpersonal understanding
- Problem solving ability
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.