Quality Assurance Manager
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing the QA team, providing support to a wide variety of systems and technologies.
The role will enhance quality management standards with all closely associated departments and vendors, namely Product & Service teams, Project Management teams, and offshore Test teams.
The role will proactively work with all departments to encourage a culture that ensures the Quality Assurance framework and activities remain consistent and effective across the organisation globally, working through proven and tested standards.
• Defining and maturing the Quality Assurance strategy aimed at enhancing Quality Management standards across the organisation.
• Managing the Quality Assurance team , along with associated processes and workload across a variety of projects, application enhancements and business as usual (BAU) application & infrastructure changes. Delivering to the business, applications and software that meet their requirement in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Participating in project and Agile planning:
• Setting expectations around the content of the requirements documentation.
• Reviewing the testing performed by the vendor / other teams prior to the application being released to QA.
Maintaining professional relationships and communications with other teams:
Liaising with Application Owners, Architects, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and off-shore test teams to ensure that the requirements are fully understood, tested and the software delivered adheres to our internal high standards for delivery.
Supporting QA deliverables and the testing effort onshore and off-shore:
• Maintaining a holistic view of all QA and Test processes, reviewing standards and deliverables, including Functional and Non-functional testing requirements.
• Signing-off testing work related to projects, application enhancements, and business as usual (BAU) changes. As a team we aim to deliver adherence to best practices for facilitating and expediting delivery.
• Extensive Management experience of Quality Assurance and Testing teams, in close coordination with the PMO, Application Managers and Senior stakeholders.
• Extensive knowledge of quality assurance & quality management standards.
• Extensive experience in providing Quality leadership within Agile teams that have successfully delivered software on time and in budget.
• Practical experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), ideally with exposure to Agile Central and knowledge of SDLC.
• Experienced in a wide and varied number of test methodologies and types, with the ability to communicate their choice of test approach for any project undertaken.
• Experience leading QA governance involving testing suppliers, and ensuring quality standards are delivered through test methodologies, the framework, and leveraging the latest capabilities in tooling, accommodating both functional and performance testing.
• Experience using test and defect management tools, for example Loadrunner, HP ALM, JIRA, VSTS.
• Experience of industry standard methodologies: ITIL, Prince 2, Waterfall is preferable.
• Excellent communicator, able to motivate, coach and mentor a strong technical team.
• Desirable: knowledge of architecture frameworks and methods such as The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
Written and Verbal Communications:
• Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing global and sensitive communications to a varied audience at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Services.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills – some form of customer-facing interaction or consulting experience is a plus.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Educated to degree level in a Computing or business discipline or equivalent.