Mid-level Equity Capital Markets Lawyer
Our Equity Capital Markets team advise on some of the world's largest and most high profile ECM transactions. Our clients include issuers both in the UK and overseas and the world's leading investment banks. Our lawyers specialise in providing a seamless integrated service along side our US securities team based in London on Rule 144A offerings as well as across our network of offices and across different areas of expertise including:
- UK Premium Listings;
- Rights issues and other secondary offerings;
- Accelerated book builds and other block trades;
- GDR offerings for overseas issuers;
- Local listings for overseas issuers; and
- AIM offerings.
- We regularly act on ECM transactions for companies based around the world as well as for UK based clients
- Our Capital Markets Lawyers have a global outlook, coupled with experience of a variety of work in multiple jurisdictions, producing the quality of expertise required for major, complex cross border work.
- Our ECM practice advises on the whole spectrum of ECM products, recent examples of which include:
- Both Premium and Standard Listings in the UK of both UK and international companies, including EJF Investments, TI Fluid Systems, Jackpotjoy, Biffa, Secure Trust Bank, Metro Bank, Clydesdale Bank, the AA, The Gym Group, Apax Global Alpha, Auto Trader, John Laing and Jimmy Choo, as well as complex fund IPOs, including the Premium Listings of CVC Credit Partners European Opportunities and Apax Global Alpha and the admission of EJF Investments to the LSE's Specialist Fund Segment.
- GDR offerings for overseas issuers including Edita, Zagrebacka Banka, Electrica S.A., Trader Media Limited, Damac Real Estate Development Limited , TBC Bank and Romgaz SA
- Rights issues and other secondary issues including Greencore. Informa, Phoenix Group, Secure Income REIT, The Co-operative Bank and Barclays
- We are an ambitious group recognised within Clifford Chance and externally as a growth area of strategic importance for the firm. We operate with significant autonomy, alongside the corporate finance, private equity and broader capital markets businesses, with a team based ethos enabling lawyers to optimise their development and experience as they progress through their careers.
- We have a well defined growth strategy which will drive the expansion of the Equity Capital Markets Practice over the next 2-5 years and this, and our existing mix of partners and associates, provides excellent career opportunities, including through to partnership.
- We run a sophisticated internal training programme consisting of a series of Immersion Courses covering all the core areas of corporate finance and capital markets.
- We believe in global mobility and, for those who are interested, there will be significant opportunities to work overseas once you have spent some time in London.
- Whilst you will work with a number of different partners on transactions, one partner is agreed with you as your Career Development Partner to provide support and focus on any matters relating to your career development, including running your appraisal, setting objectives and a development plan, and identifying suitable secondment opportunities.
- We offer a highly competitive base salary, with significant potential for a substantial bonus under the Clifford Chance bonus scheme.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
We are currently looking to recruit an outstanding Corporate Finance/ECM lawyer at 2-5 years PQE or equivalent to join our team.
If you have an excellent academic history and are able to demonstrate a real desire to develop a career in a growing, ambitious equity capital markets practice, then we would be happy to hear from you.
You will have good experience of, in particular, UK Corporate Finance/ECM transactions and a general grounding in English company law would be helpful. The more senior you are, the more you will have specific (preferably high-value) ECM experience along with experience of transaction organisation and management.
Lawyers at all levels must have excellent document drafting skills. You should demonstrate strong communication and analytical skills along with a high level of commercial awareness.
You will be ambitious and keen to take ownership and responsibility in your work.
We believe in bringing the client (both internal and external) to the centre of everything we do. To achieve this, we need to understand, anticipate and fulfil the unique needs and expectations of each client. To help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit people who not only excel in their field but who are also client focused, not just during transactions but also in developing and maintaining client relationships. We are therefore looking for people who:
- can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to understand their clients' priorities;
- are dynamic self-starters;
- are team players ready to help others and contribute to the overall success;
- listen, question and deliver; and
- are reliable and responsive, who can put the needs of the client first.
In short, we are looking for people who are motivated by client satisfaction, who strive to exceed the expectations of their clients and want to play an important part in the development and success of the ECM business.