IT Asset and Telecoms Expense Manager
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
The IT Asset and Telecoms Expense Manager role is primarily focussed on supporting the Mobility Services Manager with controlling and managing hardware and software assets, telecoms expense management administration and the production of global reports.
Working out of Clifford Chance's IT hub in London, the role is based within the Service Management team, which is responsible for Service Design, Delivery and Support; components of which include Incident, Change, Release, Asset and Configuration Management of the global IT environment.
The team also coordinates management information (operational reporting, global KPIs, service reporting etc.) for the operations management team. As well as undertaking wide-ranging support for IT Operations, the function takes responsibility for internal IT communication relating to the day-to-day operations activity and owns the IT intranet site.
The team makes best use of the lower cost locations available to the IT Operation.
• Work with the Mobility Services manager and key stakeholders across IT Operations and the business to review, improve and implement asset and mobility related policies and processes to ensure that they effectively and pragmatically support the demands of the firm;
• Co-ordinate hardware audit activities across all offices, true-up exercises for Tier 1 Vendors, namely Microsoft and Adobe, as well unscheduled Vendor audits;
• Manage and administer updates to the ITSM tool for activities relating to mobility, hardware and software assets
• Manage and coordinate the offshore Asset and Mobile Telecoms Management team and act as an initial point of escalation;
• Conduct analysis of the asset and mobility estate to support global reporting, including; cost analysis of telecoms expense management data; regional verification, completeness and accuracy of hardware asset data;
• Ensure regional Telecoms Expense Management systems are kept up to date in line with agreed policy and process; utilising either local onsite resources or the offshore Asset and Mobile Telecoms Expense Management team
• Contribute to the aims and success of the IT Service Management roadmap, ensuring continual improvement of all processes as the IT organisation develops and evolves.
The post-holder should be qualified to minimum of ITIL Foundation (v3) level and ideally possess a qualification in either Software Asset Management, Hardware Asset Management or Telecoms Expense Management
Experience and skills
• Experience of Software Asset Management and supporting processes and procedures, working alongside a Large Account Reseller and/or major software suppliers to ensure efficient, effective and economic suitability. For example:
o Experience of 'True Up' activities for Tier 1 Vendors;
o Responding to, or being involved in audit requests;
o The understanding and application of licence terms;
o Knowledge transfer to operational teams;
o The protection and control of those licenses throughout their lifecycle;
• Demonstrable experience of successfully managing fixed assets with a financial value, ensuring assets are identified, recorded and audited with clear understanding and transparency around purchase costs and depreciation models. For example:
o Working with local teams to ensure the capture, monitoring and reporting of hardware assets throughout their lifecycle;
o Reviewing asset data to identify discrepancies and variances in conjunction with supporting datasets;
o Ensuring adherence to environmental, security and data protection standards and regulation/legislation.
• Experience of administering a telecoms expense management system, analysing cost drivers and producing reports (desirable);
• Excellent service focus, hardworking with a demonstrable ability to effect positive change in a global IT organisation.