PA - Learning & Development
Our award winning Learning and Development (L&D) Department designs and delivers business skills and personal development programmes to partners, associates, business services and secretaries globally. The aim of the department is to help the firm meet its strategic and operational objectives by ensuring that our people have the knowledge and skills they need to excel. Thus the training we design is based on acknowledged best practice and the latest thinking in leadership, management, business development and personal effectiveness. Our training is organisationally specific incorporating the firm’s values, culture, practices and procedures. The department also provides tailored business skills and personal development programmes for the firm’s clients.
The position is based in London and will report to the L&D Practice Manager. The post holder will work closely with colleagues in the London office, those in our Global Service Centre (GSC) in Manilla and the EMEA, Australia, South Africa, Canada and US regions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing a discrete and confidential PA service to L&D Management and/or Members of the Leadership team
- Manage diaries in Outlook: arranging meetings in different time zones, sending and responding to invites resolving conflicts, confirming appointments and bringing forward papers
- Arrange training where requested: liaising with internal and external clients to confirm training courses, prepare and print materials in a timely fashion, book rooms and catering
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic records e.g. logging client training in Interaction (client database) and the Learning Management System (LMS) and running reports as required
- Maintain the drive for quality, continually checking and deploying the “4 eyes” process
- As requested ‘test’ and provide feedback on on-line learning products
- Ensure that work received from the GSC is logged, scanned and saved in the document management system
- Organise and lead post course review meetings to address any errors and make improvements for future courses
- When requested by clients produce certificates of attendance
- As a matter of course update process notes in order to ensure that systems and procedures remain efficient and effective
- Meet and greet external trainers, speakers and delegates and settle them in the room in which they will be working/training
- Review participation in compulsory e-learning courses and proactively keep Compliance informed of progress
- Efficiently processing supplier invoices or expense claims
- Proactive management of overseas business trips for Managers by liaising with local contacts, drafting programmes; preparing and shipping courseware, booking flights and hotels, obtaining cash, passports and visas, preparing itineraries and processing expense claims
- Assist co-ordinators by helping to set up training rooms in advance of sessions ensuring that courseware and equipment are in place and technology is working
- Prepare for and attend weekly catchups with Senior PA and daily catchups with L&D managers to discuss work load and progress on projects
- Make arrangements for the completion of psychometric tests, produce reports
- Update Interaction in a timely fashion
- Responding to telephone enquiries, take accurate messages and pass them on
Optional development opportunities – by arrangement
- Update materials for the induction held each week and deliver from time to time a 1 hour module on the programme
- In partnership with the Diversity and Inclusion team, manage the parent’s transition coaching programme
- In collaboration with the L&D Manager and the diversity & inclusion team, run team building activities on PRIME (insight and inspire) work experience programmes
- In collaboration with the trainee recruitment team, run team building activities for the Trainee Solicitor Vacation Scheme
- Researching and running team building activities during phase one of the Professional Skills Course (PSC)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong Academics (E)
- 2+ years’ experience within an L&D team (E)
- Excellent organisational and administration skills (E)
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills will be required to support a busy team at different levels of seniority (E)
- Ability to operate in a friendly, client focused, professional and discrete manner at all times (E)
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders and deal with people at all levels within the organisation (E)
- Strong team player (E)
- Flexible and adaptable approach (E)
- Confident and fully competent with IT/use of Microsoft packages. (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (E)
- Proactive and positive approach with a “can-do” attitude (E)
- Meticulous attention to detail; always striving for high quality and continuous improvement (E)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure (E)
- Solution orientated and takes initiative (E)
- Experience in a legal or other professional services environment (D)
- Experience and knowledge of L&D /LMS system (Cornerstone) and best practice approaches (D)
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa.firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world