Purpose of job
To deliver high-level, quality and innovative business development and marketing strategies for the Real Estate group.
Practice groups/sectors supported include Core Real Estate, Planning and Environment, Non-Contentious Construction, Real Estate Disputes and the wider Real Estate sector, which comprises of experts in areas such as tax, corporate and finance.
What’s in it for you?
The Marketing and Business Development department at BLP has been built in a non-traditional way for the legal sector. The team comprises specialists from backgrounds including PR, design, media, and the big-four accountants. The result is a dynamic and energetic team environment which nurtures fresh perspectives and ultimately lends the firm a competitive advantage.
Since 2012 we have either won or been shortlisted for a host of marketing and other specialist awards, including most recently:
Winner – Drum UK Event Awards 2016 – Innovative Event of the Year for our inaugural “Capitalising on Real Estate” event
Winner – B2B Marketing Awards 2017 – Best use of content marketing – Emerging Themes
Winner – The Lawyer Business Leadership Summit Awards 2016 – Best big data initiative
We take a holistic approach to Marketing and Business Development, with the goal always to help our lawyers win more work and make new connections. Because we are so transparently aligned to this core strategic objective, we enjoy full buy-in from the business including senior management, who have a clear view of how our work contributes to the overall success of the firm.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work with partners from across the real estate group to identify issues and opportunities for us to develop new business or cross-sell
• Supporting and contributing to the wider Real Estate sector marketing and BD
• Contribute to and shape marketing and business development practice plans
• Responsibility for practice group pitching, including ensuring a “best practice” approach, management and production of individual pitches/capability statements, coaching on pitch presentations and client feedback
• Support the BDM and Senior Marketing Executive in developing and delivering thought leadership campaigns and new business campaigns
• Working with the knowledge management team and a cross-practice group of fee earners to develop and deliver relevant email alerts and training to specific clients/targets
• Leading the Marketing and Business Development requirements for the Planning and Real Estate Dispute groups.
• Ownership of the Real Estate directory and award submissions, including research, management of the process and editorial control
• Development of strong, clear content for marketing literature and other collateral, as required
• Drive seminar programmes, conferences, other events in line with the marketing plans
• Support Firmwide and Real Estate PR initiatives
• Sharing best practice with other Business Development groups
Real Estate marketing and BD team: BD Manager, Senior Marketing Executive and Marketing Assistant.
This role will involve working closely with all other Marketing and Business Development teams, as well as with the COO of Real Estate, Real Estate fee-earners, Knowledge Development Lawyers and Secretaries.
Experience and knowledge
• Degree educated, possibly with a Marketing (CIM) qualification
• Professional services background
• Solid Business Development and Marketing experience
• Real Estate knowledge preferred, but not essential
Skills and competencies
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Highly enthusiastic with positive attitude
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Highly organised with impeccable attention to detail
• Excellent written communication and project management skills
• Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities/projects
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong influencing skills
• Professional and confident
• Delegation and supervisory skills
• Good sense of humour
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our firm. At BLP we aim to create an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. BLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Resourcing Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.
To ensure all hardcopy materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
To ensure all confidential information stored electronically is securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP (“BLP”) is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, BLP uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
BLP adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with it legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website:https://jobs.blplaw.com/.