Real Estate Finance - Associate - 2-5 PQE
Purpose of job
To advise on a broad range of in-depth structured real estate finance (secured and unsecured) deals.
What’s in it for you?
After practising at BLP as a Real Estate Finance lawyer you will become a multi-disciplinary transactional lawyer with an ability to work across the spectrum of our clients’ real estate finance deals.
We invest strongly in the training available to our associates. Our team are consistently acknowledged by independent commentators as one of the leading real estate finance practices, we offer expertise and delivery of service that is second to none.
You will have the opportunity to:
· Take the lead and project manage Real Estate Finance transactions.
· Mentor more junior associates and paralegals.
· Assist in the structuring of transactions.
· Draft and negotiate credit, security, inter-creditor and corporate documents.
Key areas of focus include:
· Commercial development funding.
· Fund financing.
· Investment property financing.
· Joint venture funding.
· Mezzanine funding.
· Mortgage portfolio sales/acquisitions.
· Principal financing.
· Property acquisition funding.
· Property securitisations.
· Public Sector Financing.
· Residential development funding.
Real Estate Finance lawyers and paralegals in London and Manchester.
Experience and knowledge
· The ability to draft and negotiate security documents.
· Experience of drafting credit agreements and a good working knowledge of the provisions of the LMA standard real estate finance documents.
· A good understanding of key real estate and finance concepts and an appreciation and awareness of the real estate finance market.
· Experience of leading on projects.
Skills and competencies
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Project management skills.
· A team player with the ability to work in a collegiate environment.
· Commercially focussed with an intellectual curiosity.
· Confident in front of clients.
· Ability to work independently but know when to seek additional support.
· Clear and concise communication skills.
· Flexibility and adaptability.
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our firm. At BLP we aim to create an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. BLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Resourcing Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.
Please note that our PQE levels as stated in our job descriptions are a guide only and all suitable candidates will be considered.
To ensure all hardcopy materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
To ensure all confidential information stored electronically is securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP (“BLP”) is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, BLP uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
BLP adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with it legal and regulatory obligations.