FinTech Thought Leadership Coordinator - 12 month FTC
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Thought Leadership Group in the promotion and advancement of FinTech related initiatives across the network and to assist in the roll out of key materials, while ensuring alignment and geographical consistency around core thought leadership themes and strategic priorities.
The key responsibilities are set out in detail below.
Acting as Secretariat for the FinTech initiatives including:
- Arrange, set the agenda for and host regular gatherings of Tech working groups, including FinTech, and the global steering and strategy teams in close co-operation with our client and sector team leaders;
- Create and send regular updates to internal Tech interest groups;
- Track pitches, mandates, client presentations and other BD and Thought Leadership activities;
- Maintain library of FinTech presentations and Fintech distribution lists;
Create materials to promote the FinTech initiatives including:
- writing forward thinking opinion pieces on topical FinTech issues in collaboration with members of the Tech group;
- developing online resources, such as podcasts and other visual offerings;
- Monitor/manage media content for the Tech Hub and CC.com Thought Leadership pages;
- Co-ordination with our Comms and PR team to help drive a branding strategy including input into the co-ordination of thought leadership materials and events;
Client facing projects:
- Assist with business development for FinTech initiatives including the preparation of marketing materials;
- Attend client/industry contact meetings/assist with logistics of follow ups;
- Event management;
- Assist with ideas for and organisation of events to raise the external and internal profile of Tech and the 4th Industrial Revolution as well as helping to ensure consistent roll out across international offices.
- An academic qualification preferably in a Tech related field of study, or if not have proof of active engagement with Tech and ideally FinTech;
- Experience of writing for organisations charged with forward thinking in Tech such as Think Tanks or consultancies;
- A lively outgoing personality and the ability to be a self-starter;
- Evidence of business skills, ability to identify and pursue business opportunities relevant for international law firms;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the Firm;
- Ability to communicate in writing with excellent presentation skills;
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to solve problems in a methodical, practical way and provide solutions;
- Ability to exercise initiative and drive initiatives forward;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as well as the ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge of computer systems including Windows-based pc software and database experience;
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technology