Legal Project Support Officer
The Legal Project Support Officer will assist the Legal Project Managers in the provision of a localised project management capability that will include the use of a Legal Project Management system, local protocols around interaction with Partners and teams, and reporting metrics. The Legal Project Support officer will support the Legal Project Managers and the Groups to coordinate efforts to meet the clients' needs and deliver to the timescales defined and agreed.
The Legal Project Management team work alongside the lead Partner and fee-earners providing project management support. The Legal Project Support officer will provide administrative support to the Legal Project Managers who will scope, resource model, price, manage and identify process efficiencies throughout the life of the project.
The Legal Project Support Officer will assist the Legal Project Managers in the provision of a localised project management capability that will include the use of a Legal Project Management system, local protocols around interaction with Partners and teams, and reporting metrics. The Legal Project Support officer will support the Legal Project Managers and the Groups to co-ordinate efforts to meet the clients' needs and deliver to the timescales defined and agreed.
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading global law firm and be part of a new and exciting initiative, helping to shape how legal services are delivered in the 21st Century.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All aspects of administrative support to the Legal Project Managers and wider team
- Co-coordinating project management tasks in line with pre-agreed plans and objectives, including managing the co-ordination of stakeholders both in the Legal Project Management team and other areas of the firm
- Reporting and analysis production, including financial data, using the Legal Project Management tools and other software
- All administrative support connected with coordinating work effort, scoping, pricing, planning, fee monitoring and reporting, status reporting, tracking scope changes, liaising with specialist departments and potentially other DLA Piper offices. The extent of activity per project will depend on the size and type of project
- Work with a Legal Project Management tool to set up and track the status of each project
- Support the Legal Project Managers to deliver services on major projects while taking ownership of smaller matters subject to training and supervision
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of working within an administrative role preferably within a Professional Services function, although this is not essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks
- Analytical and strategic mind set
- Technology savvy - able to use various other IT tools to support efficient working processes
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups, and our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading business law firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.