IT Disaster Recovery Manager
We are recruiting an IT Disaster Recovery Manager to work as part of our IT team based in our Leeds office.
The IT Disaster Recovery Manager will be responsible for ensuring the entire IT department is as prepared as possible for any disaster which might impact the IT estate.
In the event of a disaster the role would provide guidance and support to the IT Leadership team to ensure that a successful recovery with minimal business impact is realised.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the IT Disaster Recovery Plan ensuring that it is suitable, workable, maintained and updated to reflect all relevant changes across the entire IT estate. In addition, provide and maintain agreed Disaster Recovery (DR) standards
- Perform Business Impact Analysis of IT systems, document, highlight and provide guidance to manage risks and single points of failure identified; provide guidance to service owners regarding controls and mitigation
- Collaborate with IT Operational teams to advance the IT DR programme ensuring replication occurs and processes are active and efficient
- Develop a comprehensive programme of validation, encompassing people, processes, plans and technology, and ensure the plan is executed at the agreed frequencies. This includes coordinating the tests/exercises, and the documentation of scope and objectives/success criteria and post-exercise/test reports/lessons learned
- Ensure that the IT DR Recovery plans are maintained and updated to reflect all changes
- Provide assurance of any outsourced providers DR provisions, validated testing through a rigorous review and challenge process
- Identify, assess, and report IT DR related risks and issues. Maintain risks and issues log recording decisions formally, feeding into the main Information Security risk register
- Document and report on a monthly basis about progress against testing, risks and issues, and escalations requiring resolution
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Previous experience of IT DR Planning, co-ordination and implementation across a business
- A strong and broad understanding of IT methodologies, frameworks and best practices
- Ability to communicate at all levels and provide information to a diverse stakeholder group
- Proven experience in dealing/working with 3rd party suppliers to achieve results
- Ability to understand at high level the technical design for business applications and “translate” for Business Users.
- Enthusiastic, self-supporting and confident, with the ability to enthuse others and get their engagement
- Ability to take ownership of problems and the decision-making process to resolve them
- Develop an understanding of Business Continuity principles and how it fits with DR
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.