In-House Counsel (Legal, Risk &Compliance)
DLA Piper are now looking to hire an additional In-House Counsel to undertake a broad and varied workload across commercial contracts, firm governance, mergers/demergers, partner admissions and resignations, procurement and data protection.
The candidate will report to the Senior In-House Counsel and General Counsel and work as part of the team that is responsible for advising the firm on all legal issues affecting the firm both in the UK and Internationally (excluding the US). The in-house team works closely with the Board, Managing Partner, Senior Partner and Executive management of the firm.
The successful candidate will possess developed team working and communication skills. We offer first rate support in the form of training, manager time, excellent career prospects and an opportunity to play a role in the development of a key team in one of the world's most exciting and dynamic law firms.
Candidates who have between 2 to 4 years’ PQE, are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the procurement team to negotiate, draft and advise on a range of contracts and confidentiality agreements both UK and International
- Data Protection and Trade Mark Issues
- Dealing with incoming and departing partners, partner reports, consultancy agreements, service agreements
- Interpreting and advising on the constitutional documents of the International firm
- Assisting the in-house finance and tax teams on finance and tax issues affecting the firm
- Assisting with corporate restructurings and advising generally on the structure of the firm
- Drafting and negotiating financing and intra group loan agreements
- Drafting Heads of Terms/Memoranda of Understanding
- Assisting with acquisitions and the establishment of new offices
- Drafting and negotiating Joint Venture agreements
- Assisting with the drafting of reports for the Executive and Board
- Working closely with the other members of the Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team and assisting on project and non-project work
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Previous experience in a similar role in private practice or in-house is a definitive advantage
- The successful candidate will need to possess excellent technical skills and attention to detail
- Developed team work, project management and client care abilities
- Highly organised, with proven ability to plan and manage a busy and varied workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take personal responsibility for and ownership of delivery
- Relationship management and the ability to work effectively at all levels including directly with management
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a busy and challenging environment
- Willingness to be flexible in terms of tasks to be taken forward
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.