Finance Project Analyst
We are recruiting a Finance Project Analyst to work within our Finance team based in Sheffield.
The Finance Project Analyst will work closely with finance project teams and the business to support the delivery of key finance projects and improvement initiatives, including the delivery of Concur Expenses and Invoicing and the development the new firm wide Strategic Reporting solution.
This is a role for an individual who thrives on delivering results and who is looking to build a career as part of a leading global law firm.
You will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing and maintaining key project controls, including delivery plans, testing documentation and RAID logs
- Owning specific workstreams within projects, taking responsibility for delivery ensuring agreed quality and timescales are met
- Managing test activities on key strategic projects/programmes, including the defining test plans, creating test scripts, coordinating finance/IT/business test phases and the production of test reports
- Supporting the Finance Change Manager on the delivery of key finance change programmes and activities
- Liaising with the Corporate Programme Management Office (PMO) to provide updates on Finance projects
- Working closely with IT teams to coordinate the delivery of hardware, software and infrastructure activities alongside finance project plans
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of working on large projects and service improvement initiatives
- Experience at managing testing activities, including the creation of test plans, test scripts and test reports
- Be a self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a virtual team, and has a strong client service orientation
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the international teams
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working to sometimes conflicting timescales and multiple priorities in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Prince 2 Practitioner (or similar)
- Experience of working on large projects within a global law firm
- Understanding of transactional finance processes
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.