This is a newly created role, offering the opportunity to join DLA Piper at an exciting time of growth and change.
The small team of Senior Executives who currently support the firm's five managing directors now require additional resource to support them in carrying out their roles, working as part of the team to achieve their primary objective, of providing strategic and operational support to the MDs to ensure the smooth implementation of the firm's strategy. The team manage a number of business critical and diverse projects which cut across the firm's matrix structure involving practice groups, countries and sectors. By working with all of the MDs, the team play an important role in ensuring that every part of the business works together and has full visibility of the on-going initiatives.
This position will offer the successful candidate an outstanding opportunity to develop an indepth understanding of how a law firm works, and to develop business management skills in a dynamic environment. It will bring them into contact on a daily basis with the firm's key decision makers and allow them to have a tangible impact on the firm's success. Please note that applications for an internal secondment for a minimum of 1 year will also be considered.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the role is to provide operational support to the Senior Executives by undertaking a range of tasks and projects which will include some or all of the following
- Assistance with preparation for and follow up to Executive meetings
- Takes ownership of some projects and holds responsibility for driving these forward
- Liaison with Director Group and their respective business support teams to draw on skills and resource as required to deliver initiatives
- Support in driving through day-to-day business related projects and initiatives aimed at implementing the firm's strategy
- Assistance with key stakeholder management, attending meetings with the MDs and ensuring and coordinating appropriate follow up
- Meeting management: agenda setting and preparation / recording actions / follow up
- Communications and reporting
- Preparation of presentations for various key stakeholders (Executive, Board, Group Heads, Country Managing Partners), including business cases and proposals
- Ad hoc tasks which arise from time to time in support of the Senior Executives
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Graduate or graduate calibre with relevant professional experience and skills gained within a Professional Services, Financial Services or large Corporate background
- Demonstrable relevant experience, e.g. Project Management, Business Management, Business Analyst or similar
- Project management experience is desirable
- Excellent communication (verbal, written incl. reporting) with advanced presentation skills in PowerPoint / Visio / Word and experienced at creating high calibre slide packs for Executive audiences
- Planning and organising
- Analytical and numerate
- Commercial acumen
- Strategic thinking / planning
- Problem solver
- Happy to manage complexity and work with ambiguity
- Working collaboratively across functions and geographies
- Self-sufficient, self-starter, responsive and proactive
- Good networker and interpersonal skills
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.