A central PMO has been established in order to gain visibility, oversight and control of all projects being delivered across the International business at DLA Piper. As part of this, a central project delivery team has being built to manage the delivery of the more complex, cross functional projects and programmes. There is a vacancy for an experienced Project Manager to join this team.
The candidate would be expected to work within an agreed delivery framework and have accountability for all aspects of the project including managing the costs, timescales, scope, resources and benefits. The candidate should be able to manage one or more projects concurrently and be able to lead them from initiation through to closure. The candidate is expected to be comfortable managing all types of projects including changes to technology, processes, operating model or data and reporting. This is a business facing role and, as such, strong stakeholder management and leadership skills are of critical importance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and lead the project team to efficiently manage the delivery of the project. Drive activity to ensure that deadlines are met and outputs are achieved.
- Establish the appropriate governance to ensure that robust decision making is taking place - i.e. the correct people are making decisions at the correct times.
- Work within the delivery framework ensuring that all required documentation is produced, control gates are passed and all necessary approvals are in place.
- Define objectives, solutions, benefits and identify the resources and budget requirements to be able to develop a structured business case. Ensure that this remains valid throughout the life of the project. Make sure that the full impact of the solution on the business has been identified and is being mitigated.
- Ensure that project controls are in place to manage the project scope, budget, timescales, resources, risks / issues and quality. Manage interdependencies, resource constraints and mitigation of risks and issues.
- Implement an appropriate stakeholder management and communications plan to ensure that progress, decisions and risks are transparent.
- Ensure all project reporting is completed in a timely manner and at a consistent standard to ensure all key stakeholders are kept informed of programme progress, risks, issues etc.
Help to drive improvements through PMO by developing, maintaining and evolving project management standards, templates and processes. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the organisation.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of managing highly complex projects in a structured way. Proven planning and organisational skills.
- Understands and can demonstrate application of key project management governance, controls, responsibilities, methods, lifecycles, tools and techniques, to plan and deliver operational execution.
- Able to deploy best practice project management and business change theory as appropriate.
- Driven to succeed. Self-motivated, adaptable and able to work on own and as part of a team. A strong leader who is good at managing people.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management abilities. Able to handle conflict and knows when to escalate.
- Articulate with strong written and personal presentation skills.
- Experience of Legal sector advantageous.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. MSP, Prince2, APM, PMI etc.) desirable.
- Comfortable handling multiple projects and competing priorities while operating in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Able to identify, interpret and resolve common issues with minimal supervision.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly.
Able to develop and implement detailed plans.
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally.
- Able to influence how an activity or a process gets done by exchanging information and working through others.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.