We are recruiting a Lead Developer to create, test, maintain, research and design various software services, from individual applications to 3rd party customisations and integrations. In addition to the computer science side, you will also provide in-depth technical support.
This is a highly skilled role where ongoing learning and development is a constant requirement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Appreciation of agile development practices with a wiliness to be a proactive participant in the agile process
- Be a technical lead within the team that can offer advice around design, architectural decisions and code quality
- Take an active role in requirement/story definition, assisting analysts, project managers and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Investigation and implementation of new technologies and frameworks/architecture
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Represent DLA Piper at external events and conferences
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to write structured, maintainable, commercial quality code to a consistent predefined standard
- Understanding of host environments and platforms, including Docker containerisation in a swarm
- Ability to assist with pre-release and release processes including final testing, corrections and documentation preparation
- Commitment to further development of knowledge and skills both current and new
- Time Management/prioritisation
- Ability to identify development pre-requisites
- Understanding core business operations and applying that knowledge - including understanding of the firm’s goals and directions
- Problem solving
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.