Communications Coordinator - Responsible Business
The Internal Communications and Responsible Business function, plays a crucial role in employee engagement and the dissemination of information that supports the firm's strategy. It forms part of a larger Marketing team and Responsible Business team, based in locations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
The team are currently recruiting for a Communications Coordinator to join the team in either the Leeds or London office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will support improved communications of the firm's Responsible Business credentials to external stakeholders including our clients, the legal sector generally and the community and help the firm improve employee engagement by ensuring Responsible Business initiatives and messages are effectively integrated within internal communications channels.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Regular liaison with the Responsible Business Team to understand priorities and key messages to be communicated
- Attending Responsible Business team meetings
- Regular liaison with the Marketing and Communications team to understand and plan upcoming communications opportunities
- Mapping key stakeholders and creating a communications plan for each
- Playing a role in the day-to-day management of the news section of the intranet which includes drafting and publishing content on a daily basis
- Assisting on pitches, press releases, awards submissions, keeping web content updated and supporting other external communications
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have excellent communication and project management skills. You will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and persuade
- Have a track record in delivering impactful communications
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of creativity
- Be able to work with both the internal design team and external agencies
- Demonstrate credibility and be able to interact with senior management, colleagues across the business and external stakeholders in a professional, confident manner
- Have experience of working with intranets
- Have experience delivering global communications to a very high standard within a professional services environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of corporate responsibility and/or responsible business
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.