Tax Project Manager
The Tax Projects Manager offers an unparalleled opportunity to lead and deliver a wide range of strategic projects across our international tax function. You will gain hands on exposure to complex tax work whilst building relationships with key stakeholders, managing key projects and reporting.
We need someone with broad technical knowledge able to deliver project objectives. This is a role for an individual who thrives on achieving results in a role that combines hands on input with strategic vision and doing so in an international setting.
You will be commercially astute and dynamic, and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues. You will have strong experience of working within tax. Energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for driving and facilitating the progression of tax projects including those with multi-territory tax implications. In your dynamic and challenging role you will:
- Run and report on projects to resolve tax related issues within the business
- Work collaboratively with Finance, in-house counsel, and Risk, as well as working in cooperation with client facing teams
- Where required, develop controls and tax risk management systems
- Maintain comprehensive records
- Develop relationships with key personnel; and
- Provide cover and support when the Head of Tax and partner services or the Senior tax managers are unavailable
Some examples of upcoming projects include
- Assessing partner structures in EMEA
- Review of structure / Restructure of entities in EMEA and Asia
- Review of potential tax implications of forthcoming regulatory change and any opportunities that this may present
- Tax implications of changes to firm systems
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
A qualified accountant or chartered tax advisor
- Able to apply knowledge of tax fundamentals to international practices and legislation
- Experienced in tax strategy, implementation, planning, support and project management and demonstrate strong tax research skills
- Able to design and embed end-to-end solutions - from entity level to individual partner level tax considerations
- Able to apply transferable experience from other regulatory projects that involve interpreting and implementing complex, technical rules
- Show confidence to work under own initiative coupled with a collaborative style when working as part of a team
- Have excellent communication skills, coupled with the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade and resolve conflict at all levels
- Have a strong client service orientation with a bias for action
- Have strong planning and organisational skills, accepting accountability for tasks and able to balance a high volume of work under pressure
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. These clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as governments and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.