This is an exciting time to join Howard Kennedy. The firm has completed two recent mergers and has moved to smart new offices at London Bridge. The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, and is an ambitious firm looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought.
To provide first class professional Team Assistant support to a number of Legal PAs and fee earners in our Real Estate department.
Team Assistants work principally for a designated department, however all Team Assistants work as part of a team with shared responsibilities. Team Assistants will be expected to prioritise and share tasks when appropriate in order to meet business needs.
Tasks and responsibilities
To provide the team with effective, pro-active professional and high quality administrative support that enables the fee earners to focus on providing legal services to clients, and the Legal PAs to provide personal/client management to fee earners. It is a key requirement that the Team Assistant is able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times. They will be an integral part of a busy team and will need to interact daily with the Legal PAs, Chartered Company Secretary and fee earners and have the ability to prioritise workloads and liaise with other support functions to ensure timely delivery.
- Printing of emails and attachments.
- Large printing tasks.
- Small volume photocopying and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume of photocopying and scanning and couriers to Repro team.
- Ensuring appropriate forms are completed and scanned on to system before sending to Postroom.
- File opening and closure, following compliance rules.
- Calling up files/deeds.
- Typing of standard letters i.e. payment of invoices, acceptance of events.
- Assisting with expenses.
- Getting invoices/TT forms authorised and scanned onto system.
- Assisting with billing, preparing template letters and scanning on to system.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, deeds scheduling and deeds management.
- Ensuring any paper filing required is kept up to date.
- Undertaking research using the internet, databases etc. for example, for fee earners prior to meetings.
- Assisting with conflict checks/uploading CDD.
- Maintaining the stationery supplies and ensuring the areas are kept tidy.
- Copy typing notes from minutes.
- Updating contact lists in Outlook.
- Assisting with small volume dictation from Big Hand.
- Assisting with collating contacts for events from fee earners and liaising with the Legal PAs/Business Development team.
- Provide support to the Legal PAs with their tasks during the periods whereby there is an absence of a PA.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work either on own initiative or part of team.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop solutions.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed.
- Ability to develop self and others and be learning oriented, wanting to learn and seek improvement.
- Accountable and professional.
- Constant enthusiastic, can-do and positive approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Ability to take personal responsibility, ownership and behave responsibly.
- Friendly, co-operative and approachable at all times.
- A good communicator with individuals of all levels.
- Listens carefully and questions to make sure you have all the information you need to take action.
- A resilient character with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- Displays discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- A strong team player.
- Professionally presented.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme