This is an exciting time to join Howard Kennedy. The firm has completed two recent mergers and has moved to smart new offices at London Bridge. The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, and is an ambitious firm looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought.
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious paralegal to join our busy and thriving Real Estate Department. You will bring your experience in Real Estate and a driven attitude, and in return gain invaluable hands-on experience of working side-by-side with our Partners and solicitors, including direct exposure to our clients.
Your role will involve supporting our development & projects team and will include working with the team to achieve tight deadlines, providing administrative assistance for a variety of tasks, research tasks, communicating with 3rd parties (written and verbal), the completion and processing of legal forms/documents, and supporting with preparation for client meetings.
You will need to have the ability to pro-actively seek out opportunities and use your initiative in supporting the team in an effective way. You will be enthusiastic in taking ownership of your responsibilities and matters, allowing you to learn and grow in your profession.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Dealing with permissive licensing applications i.e. licences to assign, licences to underlet and licences for alterations;
- Dealing with low value lettings and licences/tenancies at will of commercial premises;
- Dealing with the documenting of rent reviews;
- Dealing with all associated client liaison, drafting and negotiation, as well as:
- Proof reading and checking documents for team members;
- Assisting team members generally on transactions i.e. first drafting in certain cases, disclosure and document management etc.
- Previous experience of working in Real Estate within a legal environment
- Experience of working effectively under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Pro-active and conscientious approach to work
- Strong ability to communicate with clients and other contacts in a helpful, confidential and efficient way over the phone or via written methods.
- Experience of using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience of time recording using Elite or a similar system.
- Experience of using Filesite or a similar document management system.
- Robust, resilient and able to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Proactive in assisting the team, and able to take responsibility for projects.
- Must be discreet with a sound understanding of client confidentiality.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme