Verein Compliance Associate
We are looking for a solicitor/lawyer to join the Norton Rose Fulbright Verein Compliance function to assist the Global Head of Compliance.
The role will include:
- Drafting global policies to apply across all the Norton Rose Fulbright member firms
- Maintenance and periodic review of the global risk register.
- Drafting reports for the Global Audit Committee on relevant compliance issues
- Drafting reports for Excom
- Creation and implementation of audit plans to test regional compliance with the Global Practice Standards and other risk areas identified in the risk register
- Drafting a global risk management manual
- Liaising with and assisting the Compliance Teams at Norton Rose Fulbright Member Firms in Australia, Canada, USA and South Africa.
- Advising on global compliance projects
- Assisting the Global Head of Compliance with projects and her duties generally
Skills and Experience Required
- Be a qualified lawyer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working as a fee-earner in a commercial law firm or in the regulatory area in a similar international legal practice.
- Be highly intelligent and have excellent commercial judgement.
- Have strong communication skills with experience of operating in a multi-cultural environment.
- Have sufficient influencing skills to work successfully & confidently at all levels including with senior management and partners.
- Be sufficiently confident to raise issues appropriately with management and governance.
- Be fully conversant with lawyer’s duties and ethics.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE