The role is based in the London Head Office and would suit a newly qualified accountant who is capable of delivering comprehensive accounting services and analytical support to a business with a network of international offices within EMEA.
This role will be the head office point of contact for our international accountants and will provide accounting support to them. Responsibilities also include the wider aspects of London accounting and Head Office consolidation activities.
- Review financial information submitted by our international offices for group consolidation to ensure it is of a high quality. This includes: monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts and year end statutory consolidated reporting
- Liaise with and respond timeously to accounting queries from international finance teams
- Prepare high level commentaries for monthly budget variances in international offices
- Assist with the consolidation of EMEA P&L account’s and balance sheets
- Preparation of monthly inter-office control accounts reconciliations
- Prepare for, and participate in, quarterly office cost review exercises
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with international accountants and local Chief Operating Officers
- Prepare financial statements for statutory entities within the Group and manage through to completion with auditors
- Undertake operational review visits to other offices to document and test financial controls
- Assist in maintaining and developing systems and processes designed and used within the team
- Assist with project work and ad-hoc reporting exercises as directed by the finance manager
- Support to ad-hoc analysis work and other tasks as required
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant work experience within a similar role
- Experience of working within a large professional services organisation is desirable
- Part qualified accountant
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined in meeting key deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- MS Excel
- SAP experience including use of BPC
- High levels of computer literacy and competence
- Good problem solver and methodical
- Proven ability to multi-task
- An enthusiastic team player with strong communication skills
- Ability to liaise with staff of all levels within the organisation
- Adaptable and able to complete tasks without close supervision
- Must be flexible to meet the demands of the business during busier periods
- Positive, committed and prepared to use initiative
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Kirran Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following linkhttp://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 4000 lawyers and other legal staff based in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Through our global risk advisory group, we leverage our industry experience with our knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide our clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.
Law around the world