Desktop Design Analyst
The team is part of the global Standard Operating Environment Centre of Excellence, established to deliver standardisation and modernisation to the desktop operating environment. Putting the user at the centre, the Centre of Excellence delivers the most appropriate and efficient service designed around the user working profile taking into consideration global, regional and local requirements.
The Desktop Design Analyst is responsible for implementing and supporting PC-based software, including:
- Administration and management of SCCM
- Specification, procurement, configuration and implementation of new and updated 3rd party PC software
- 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Packaging and deployment of the desktop component of systems developed and customised in house
This role is part of a team focused exclusively on Desktop Applications and hardware - their development, deployment and support. The Desktop Analyst’s role involves the provision, implementation, and support of desktop software to meet the business’s needs.
In particular, the role will include:
- Dealing with users’ desktop software related problems and queries referred by IT Business.
- Supporting Analysts, the Central Help Desk or the Regional Support teams. Handling all calls in accordance with the Firm’s procedures and service levels.
- Maintaining desktop software, including:
- Release and configuration management.
- Design, development and maintenance of software packages (including PC and laptop builds) using Installshield Admin Studio, Microsoft App-v, Active Directory, and Group Policies.
- Management and administration of the SCCM software distribution system.
- Management of Windows 7 Desktop images.
- Undertaking the detailed analysis, procurement, configuration, packing, testing, and implementation of new PC-based software and enhancement to existing systems.
- Maintaining desktop system documentation in accordance with change control procedures.
- Establishing effective working relationships with other IT teams and with users.
- Exploring and keeping step with innovations in desktop software and related technologies.
- Adhering to applicable technical standards and procedures.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Team Leader.
Skills and Experience Required
- Technical experience in configuring and managing System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), including patch management utilizing WSUS integration.
- Previous experience with Scripting technologies.
- Experience in MSI packaging using InstallSheild and Applications sequencing using App-V.
- Experience in Active Directory, Group Policy and GP Preferences.
- Technical experience in Windows 7.
- Experience working as senior application packager within the desktop and server environments.
- Understanding of Networking TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Knowledge of citrix would be advantageous.
Be able to demonstrate experience and competence in the following areas:
- Ability to understand the business processes and commercial concepts to interact with business partners and service providers at a peer level.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and develop solutions within established standards.
- Ability to communicate clearly, persuade and influence, good listening skills.
- Ability to be proactive, overcome setbacks and deliver results.
- Commitment to high quality standards, striving continually for improvement.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE