Credit Controller 6 month FTC
The firm’s Credit Management expertise works within the Revenue Team structure and is responsible for efficient handing of Partner invoices through to payment.
The role of each Credit Controller is to undertake all aspects of Credit Control and debt recovery for the firm. The majority of time will be spent supporting specific business teams in London by:
- Reviewing client debt, focusing on major debtors and tracking payments to ensure monthly collection targets are achieved
- Assessing and implementing appropriate collection methods using discretion and judgement, referring to senior colleagues and partners whenever necessary. This aspect of the role will involve frequent telephone and email contact with clients and solicitors, drawing on candidates’ experience and reasoning
- Meet regularly with Partners and Revenue Teams to provide updates on aged debt and agree strategy to resolve where necessary
- Producing and delivering client statements and other supporting documents as required
- Adhere to firm collections policy and accurately record activities in Fiori/SAP, the firm’s global practice management system
- Work with the Revenue Team to resolve client queries and prevent delay with payment
- Undertake other ad-hoc requests as required by Line Manager/and or Head of Department
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly competent and enthusiastic team player, able to contribute significantly to the team’s performance
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working in a Credit Control position in a law firm or similar professional practice
- Possess strong influencing skills developed within a client facing role
- Able to maintain focus and pace without close supervision and adapt to working in both the fee earning environment and very closely with other Credit and Revenue Controllers
- Possess accurate and versatile communication skills, with an understanding of which option to select in different circumstance
- A positive approach to problem solving
- Experience using SAP would be beneficial, but is not required
- Flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to work outside core hours during busy periods
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Kirran Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org (enquiries only - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following linkhttp://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 4000 lawyers and other legal staff based in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Through our global risk advisory group, we leverage our industry experience with our knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide our clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.
Law around the world