Client Revenue Specialist (12 month FTC)
The Finance and Accounting department has a culture of excellence – it's far more than just a back office function. We provide valuable financial advice and support to the business and its stakeholders.
As part of a world-class law firm, our clients expect the very best. To deliver a first-class service, we recruit the best, and offer a friendly working environment and structured career development. Our feedback culture will help you to thrive in your role.
Our London team is led by our Chief Financial Officer and is structured into two broad areas:
1) Reporting and Accounting
This function looks after all of the Firm's reporting needs, both internal and external. This includes strategic planning and budgeting, management accounts, statutory accounts and tax work.
2) Finance Operations
This team is responsible for the day-to-day operations, including billing, collections, cash management & treasury, and client monies.
We are looking for a Client Revenue Specialist to join the Finance & Accounting team in London.
The Client Revenue Specialist will manage a client revenue function in the London office. The client revenue function will coordinate assignments, budgeting, billing, ebilling, collecting and reporting for local office and non-local offices' clients. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Influencing Billing Partners/Matter Management Attorneys and local billing teams across all offices via regular communication to achieve agreed billing cycle deadlines
- Ensure with assistance from the Pricing Team, compliance with agreed billing processes and procedures throughout the local and global billing community
- Ensure all WIP balances are addressed. Monthly WIP unless it is a project matters should be no older than 30 - 60 days
- Communicate to the local billing community via regular meetings on client change and how this impacts them in their day to day roles
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of the relevant client fee deals and terms of engagement
- Delivering decisive analysis and advice on billings, WIP, AR and Client Account as the finance expert for the key client relationships
- Keep schedules/WIP Tracker Reports up to date, so as to report on status as an when required
- Attend regular internal meetings/calls with local and overseas billing teams (where necessary) to discuss lock-up and recommendations for action
- Ensure matters fully reflect client requirements
- Spot-check invoices for accuracy and work closely with the Matter Management, Pricing Analyst and eBilling Team on identifying and addressing the causes of inaccuracy
- Work closely with other CSR with the same clients, to ensure the service provided is seamless
- Present options and recommendations to the client teams on requests received, based on general know-how of SAP and the most efficient processes
- Attend regular internal team meetings, to discuss issues of concerns and resolution, and sharing resolutions to issues / positive changes to existing processes
- Management / delivery of bespoke analysis requested by the client teams and local office Finance Management at periodic intervals or on an ad-hoc basis. Re-visit them to see if they can be automated
- Lead client meetings/calls in the areas of lock-up, ensuring the billing cycle is efficiently coordinated between our clients and the Firm
- Create a network both internally and externally linking in contacts to maximise efficiency around the billing cycle and collections management
- Be the first point of contact for the practice, business and the clients on all financial issues in London
- Be accountable for the management of both paper and electronic billing for a portfolio of London clients and take the lead in sending monthly bills to the client, preferable by email
- Keep tracker/records of bills sent directly to client/or passed to Fee Earners
- Significant knowledge of and experience with SAP, and especially the Firm's current implementation
- Significant knowledge and experience of electronic billing systems
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Significant business administrative experience
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- An individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operational focus who is well organized and a team player
- Experience with the ability to advise senior leadership of key issues and make appropriate decisions to support Firm needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels
- Ability to establish productive working relationships with Billing Partners, Client Managers, Business Development Leads, Matter Management Partners, Overseas Offices and Global Shared Services Teams
- Commercial pragmatic attitude and understanding of our client relationships
- Ability to establish working relationships with a client's accounts payable and procurement teams
- Ability to influence clients in order to refine current billing practices and resolve issues, both theirs and ours, without detriment to the overall client relationship
- Delivers high quality work
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner
- Able to present information concisely and professionally
- Deals with sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Is positive, polite and attentive in all situations, responding promptly to requests
- Demonstrates a positive approach to working as part of a team and is a reliable and effective team member
- Is aware of the impact of own actions and modifies behaviours accordingly
- Willing to assist team members even when busy
- Works effectively with others outside formal lines of authority to accomplish organisational goals
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Officer, on 020 7072 5731 or email Vanessa.Renforth@bakermckenzie.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.