Business Development Executive
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our Marketing & Sales team. This is a full-time, permanent role that can be based from either our Bristol or London office.
The Executive will focus on two of the firm’s key sector – Financial Services and Recruitment - as well as the sector overlaps with the firm’s marketing campaigns.
Reporting into the Business Development Manager based in London, specific responsibilities will include:
Administrative and project support to the Business Development Manager:
- Support selected pitches, ensuring best practice in opportunity assessment and pitch management.
- Support the sector CRM programme for key/development clients, including provision of reports as required.
- Provide support in developing client management tools and activities e.g. relationship maps, follow up and reports.
- Assist with project management of sales targeting activities and other occasional domestic and international projects as required.
- Keep the firm's opportunity tracking information up to date.
- Maintain and update the firm's credentials database and website.
- Coordinate internal sector briefings, newsletter, core team catch ups and international catch up meetings.
- Help maximise value from the sector website and intranet pages.
Implementation of the sector marketing plan:
- Working with the specialist marketing teams (Communications, Marketing & Events, Brand & Design), support the implementation of the sector marketing plan, including:
- the creation and distribution of marketing collateral (legal updates/mailings, web copy, brochures and other materials), drawing on team expertise as appropriate.
- client events (briefing and working with the events team to ensure all events are delivered successfully and within budget). Maximising, tracking, follow up and recording ROI.
- developing focused targeting lists using the firm's CRM database.
- coordinating thought leadership/research projects (liaising with info services as appropriate).
- drafting sector award entries.
- sponsorship negotiation.
- managing social media activity.
To promote email marketing best practice
- Maximise sector mailing open/response rates (including ensuring quality data; issues based and topical mailings issued on a timely basis).
- Ensure all sector electronic client mailings are correctly linked on the website and the intranet.
- Responsible for the sector mailings process. Technically, this includes ensuring that the internal circulation of mailing lists is targeted, that amendments are incorporated efficiently, that data integrity is sound to maximise delivery rates. Editorially, this means drafting great headlines and making sure that high editorial standards are met to drive readership/response rates.
Up-to-dating the CRM database
- Ensure the CRM database is up to date and accurate for the relevant sector, including data cleansing, recording all mailing activity and maintaining key folders including the names of key clients, targets and intermediaries identified during the business planning process.
- Attend key account meetings to drive best practice use of InterAction through the business – recording the team's activities in relation to the client.
- This role would be ideal for somebody with or working towards their CIM qualifications, looking for a mixture of sales and marketing challenges.
- You will likely have some prior workplace experience in sales and marketing and will probably have used CRM systems.
- You'll have some experience of successfully managing projects to completion and assessing their effectiveness.
- You'll be exceptionally organised, with a good eye for detail, highly literate and numerate.
- You'll have good time management skills, with the ability to multi-task with a variety of stakeholders. Be rigorous in agreeing priorities and identify the appropriate level of importance/urgency for projects.
- You'll have excellent communication skills – will build excellent rapport with the sales and marketing and legal teams through face to face contact. You'll be confident in briefing partners and lawyers on sales and marketing initiatives and capture clear information for implementation.
- You'll also be confident to self-assess projects and issues without micro management and to suggest alternative ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- IT literacy: PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills. Experience of InterAction or similar CRM database is desirable.
Osborne Clarke LLP is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.