Receptionist (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
- Providing excellent customer service to both external and internal clients
- Greeting and welcoming clients, showing them to meeting rooms/the business lounge and offering beverages
- Following the daily checklist
- Answering all incoming telephone calls and re-directing to the appropriate partner or employee
- Taking accurate, clear telephone messages and passing on to the relevant person in a timely fashion
- Responsibility for keeping an accurate record of meeting room bookings
- Ensuring that the necessary catering and presentational facilities are provided for each room booking
- Ensuring that the meeting room(s) are cleared after use
- Ensuring a daily inspection of meeting room equipment, including lighting, fixtures and fittings and report any issues to the Facilities team
- Be aware of the responsibilities for First Aid and fire evacuation for clients
- Responsible for setting up telephone and video conference calls, ensuring all audio visual equipment is in working order
- Maintaining the Reception area to ensure that it is always smart, professional looking and tidy
- Ensuring that flowers and decorations are appropriately displayed and newspapers and marketing materials are current
- Assisting with concierge and ad hoc duties as required of the business
- Assisting Facilities Assistant when required
- This list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on the needs of the business
This role is a 35 hour week on a rotating shift basis between the hours of 7.30am to 8.00pm. An indication of shift patterns are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to use initiative
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate autonomously and/or with minimum supervision
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A willingness to learn
- A self starter
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Common sense
- Strong customer focus
- Good humour
- Polite with a calm and professional manner
- Strong team player
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Good computer skills (including Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel)
- 7.30am – 3.30pm
- 8.30am – 4.30pm
- 9.30am – 5.30pm
- 12.00pm – 8.00pm (Monday to Thursday)
- 11.00am – 7.00pm (Friday)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.