Legal consultants (interim) - Pensions
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers. Ours is a new way to amplify your talents and ambitions whilst accessing the best work, clients, support, resources (including PI insurance) and earning potential.
The career you want without compromise
Maybe you want to do what you love but in a different way. Maybe you are keen to try a new path. Whatever your individual needs or ambitions, the one thing that every Peerpoint consultant wants, and gets, is reassurance.
The certain knowledge that you can access high-level client work, supported by a global network of resources and expertise, with the opportunity to keep choosing what you do next. We cannot guarantee work but we are every bit as invested in moving your career forward as you are.
We are currently experiencing demand for high-calibre lawyers with strong technical skills and experience in the pensions space to support Allen & Overy’s London practice group, which comprises four partners, two counsel, six senior associates, nine associates, two trainees, one PSL counsel and one PSL. The practice has a strong advisory background, built on experience of working with a client base evenly split between trustees and employers. It is at the forefront of developments and market practice, ensuring that clients receive the most commercial and up-to-date legal advice supported by the highest level of service standards.
The group is dedicated to working with pension funds and their sponsors on all aspects of pension provision, from benefit and structural changes to dispute resolution and negotiations over financial support and liability management. Pensions work for investment funds/managers, alternative buy-out providers, and private equity buyers and sellers completes the picture.
Recent high profile work includes:
- strategic, technical and transactional advice to the £10 billion ICI Pension Fund, including establishing the market’s first ‘umbrella' buy-in contract, allowing multiple tranches of liabilities to be insured quickly and efficiently;
- advising Syngenta on the introduction of a pensionable pay cap; and
- advising the Macquarie/Ferrovial consortium on the pensions aspects of its acquisition of Aberdeen International Airport, Glasgow Airport and Southampton International Airport for £1.048 billion from Heathrow Airport Holdings, including the establishment of a new final salary scheme to host a bulk transfer from the BAA Pension Scheme.
More variety. More control.
There really is no limit to the diversity of high-level work open to you. We work closely with you to understand your goals and ambitions, and what you want to achieve with each role. Roles are typically 3-12 months in duration and responsibilities vary according to each engagement. We offer opportunities to work on intellectually stimulating work on assignments, which may be full-time or part-time, on an ad-hoc or project basis, and may be on-site or remote. It is up to you how much time you take off between assignments.
- A minimum of four years' post-qualification experience at a top tier law firm in this field
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in the field of pension law and practice
- Excellent academic credentials
- Self-starter with a commitment to building a career as a consultant
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally
- Client service-focused, with exemplary client service ethic and commitment
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- Adept at leading or working within complex multi-functional, multi-national project environments
- Advanced organisational skills and diplomacy
- Resilient, adaptable, autonomous and highly credible
- Drive to achieve at a high level while working as a consultant
To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com.