Real Estate Finance Paralegal
Purpose of job
Providing support to the Real Estate Finance team including reporting to clients, drafting from precedent documents and project specific work.
What’s in it for you?
Our Real Estate Finance team is the leading specialist team in the UK. Focussed on the funding of domestic and international real estate in all its forms, we act for the leading financial institutions, investors, developers and funds. We are active in all sectors of the global real estate finance market including investment, development and structured financings, originations for CMBS and principal financing. We work closely with senior lenders and mezzanine financiers and we have one of the leading syndication, sell down and A/B practices.
Consistently acknowledged by independent commentators as one of the leading real estate finance practices, we offer expertise and delivery of service that is second to none.
This is a great opportunity for a Paralegal to build up their real estate finance knowledge as well as further develop their commercial skills and awareness. You will be exposed to high-quality finance and banking matters.
• Assisting with running and managing conditions precedent on large transactions
• Assisting with post completion tasks, including security registrations, and general administration
• Coordinating reports to clients, chasing internal teams on cross-departmental projects and sending out reports
• Organising internal team meetings, agendas, keeping minutes of meetings and liaising with either fee-earners
• Carrying out Companies House searches, completion searches and assisting with signing meetings
• Keeping client sites (internal) up to date to support client team – e.g. press news, procedural changes, team changes
• Creating and maintaining client extranets – creating logins, uploading BLP and other documents, organising folders, keeping extranet up to date with BLP deeds
• Running release of security files (following training)
• Drafting from precedent documents and compiling client know how
REF Partners and Associates in Manchester and London
Experience and knowledge
Minimum of 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above – essential
Law degree (minimum of 2.1) or GDL – essential
Proven track record of understanding the importance of excellent service delivery to clients – essential
LPC – desirable
Previous transactional experience as a Paralegal – desirable
Skills and competencies
Organised with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude
Strong client relationship and influencing skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong IT skills
Determination to complete work to the highest quality with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Attention to deal
Calm under pressure
Ability and willingness to turn work around quickly and sometimes work outside of standard hours
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our firm. At BLP we aim to create an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. BLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Resourcing Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.
To ensure all hardcopy and electronic materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP (“BLP”) is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, BLP uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
BLP adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with IT, legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website:https://jobs.blplaw.com/.