Payroll Administrator - 3 month FTC
Purpose of job:
Deliver timely and accurate payroll services for C1000 employees working closely with the Senior Payroll Officer and the HR teams. Ensure all HMRC legislation and third party deadlines are met. Assisting the overseas payroll teams will also be required as well as processing some overseas payrolls in London. Supporting production of month end reports, journals and reconciliations.
What’s in it for you?
• BLP is a highly regarded international law firm and is committed to making sure its people have the most up to date skills and knowledge
• BLP want their employees to be passionate about what they do and feel valued
• BLP are investing significantly in new technology, including a review of the current payroll solution
• BLP will treat you fairly and is committed to equality and diversity
• Assist with the administration, processing and reconciliation of payroll using ADP Surepay, to include starters, leavers, SMP, ShPP, changes etc.
• Assist with payrolls for overseas offices, where necessary
• Responsible for the collation and preparation of the monthly overtime, along preparation and distribution of the monthly overtime analysis
• Responsible for processing season ticket loans and reconciliation of the control account
• Assist with administering various salary sacrifice schemes and the processing of the annual and monthly benefits data via payroll
• Responsible for monthly tax codes and student loan changes
• Responsible for reconciliation of certain aspects of the monthly payroll in advance of the final payroll
• Responsible for childcare vouchers and reconciliation of the control account
• Produce payroll journals for input into Elite ( Finance solution), including supporting overseas journal preparation and upload.
• Work closely with the HR Teams to ensure all data including starters, leavers, salary changes are accurately captured on payroll
• Responsible for providing internal stakeholders with information and payroll reconciliations to meet reporting requirements, including providing information for Management Accounts etc
• Liaise with external bodies including, but not limited to, HMRC, ADP, HM Courts
• Respond to and resolve employee payroll queries in a timely manner
• Deliver projects as requested by the Payroll Project Manager
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
• Engage with and support the payroll team
• Engage with the wider F&A Team, build relationships with core members of the F&A Planning and Analysis Team, key for the monthly journals
• HR is a key client and provides monthly payroll data therefore it is essential to build good working relationships with key members of the HR Team -crucial with the upcoming payroll implementation
• Payroll provider
Experience and Knowledge
• Experience in the provision of a full payroll service including manual calculations and post payroll reporting
• Proven understanding of up to date UK PAYE/HMRC legislation, NI, SMP, SPP, ShPP and the practical application of these
• Excellent IT Skills, Excel, ( including, v-lookup, pivots), Word, PowerPoint
• Preferably hold a formal payroll qualification i.e. part or fully CIPP qualified. Ideally have membership of a recognised payroll organisation
• Detailed Knowledge of statutory payments and deductions, salary sacrifices, flexible benefits and pension schemes
• Payroll report writing skills
• Working knowledge of RTI and Auto-enrolment
• Experience of ADP
• Knowledge of tax legislation in respect of expense claims
• Knowledge of employment legislation such as overtime and holiday pay
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy with the ability to meet deadlines
• Results oriented, takes initiative and ownership to get the job done
• Time management skills demonstrating an ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines
• Good communication skills both oral and written
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Confident, positive personality
• Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information
Diversity, Inclusion and Working Differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our firm. At BLP we aim to create an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. BLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Resourcing Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.
To ensure all hardcopy materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
To ensure all confidential information stored electronically is securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP (“BLP”) is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, BLP uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
BLP adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with it legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website:https://jobs.blplaw.com/.