Financial Analyst / Economist
We are looking for a Financial Analyst / Economist to join the Transfer Pricing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of our Global Transfer Pricing Group, that has the unique ability to combine cutting-edge tax and economic analyses with seamless legal implementation, enabling Baker & McKenzie to offer clients the complete spectrum of transfer pricing services.
In this role, you will be given the chance to gain excellent international experience, working across the 38 jurisdictions within which Baker & McKenzie operates. You will also work closely with clients and be responsible to build and maintain strong relationships with them, and from an early stage have substantial authority and input into matters. There is also scope for you to work on a wide range of projects, including tax valuation, litigation damages quantification and competition economics, as well as transfer pricing and thin capitalisation work.
The successful candidate will have gained previous transfer pricing experience from a professional services firm with a strong reputation in this field. A strong academic background (minimum 2:1 degree) is essential.
In particular, the role will include:
- Financial research and support for the Transfer Pricing Team
- Use of databases to search for comparables and other financial data to support transfer pricing analyses
- Analysis of financial and factual materials provided by client about their operations
- Complex excel financial modelling and valuation support
- Participation in interviews with client personnel
- To work directly with senior Transfer Pricing team members
- Assisting with developing and executing our business development strategy
Our Corporate Tax department advises on a wide range of tax matters specialising in the areas of Corporate Tax, Indirect Taxes and Transfer Pricing. We act for a diverse range of clients in the corporate and financial arena such as multinational corporates, financial institutions and private equity houses. We represent clients in a wide range of sectors, including high technology, media, telecoms, energy, mining, oil and gas, chemicals, construction, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Our focus is very much on international tax advisory and planning work for our multi-national clients. Particularly in the areas of multi-jurisdiction, structuring and re-organisations and supply chain and business planning.
We are market leaders in:
- IP Structuring and Restructuring
- Supply -Chain Structuring and Restructurings
- Business Transformations
- M&A / Joint-Venture Transactions
- Debt Structuring and Restructuring
We have a different mindset being a mix of lawyers, tax advisors, economists and accountants. We work as a cohesive team across these disciplines in both the London office and globally. We have the ability to advise on both legal and tax issues in a coordinated fashion.
We combine an extremely high level of Corporate Tax expertise with a collegiate culture that focuses on delivering clear, commercial and pragmatic advice.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Graduate - degree educated or comparable, ideally with a post-graduate qualification or equivalent in Economics
- Background from professional services (i.e. The Big Four, or Economic Consulting Firms)
- Excellent technical abilities and development potential
- Proactive and flexible, with an emphasis on reliability, responsiveness and delivery
- First class communicator - both strong verbally and orally - and able to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders and clients with ease
- Strong team player with a "client first" mentality
- A strong interest in business development
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- InterAction and SharePoint skills desirable
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.