Accounts Payable Processing Clerk
Purpose of job
- To process the high volumes of work through the Chrome River system, ensuring appropriate allocations and controls are followed.
- Handling daily & weekly cost uploads directly into the Billback system.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to work within an international law firm, in a team and department that are looking to further improve efficiencies and streamline/automate working processes.
- Opportunity to suggest and implement changes with the potential to assume responsibility for work completed elsewhere in the future.
- Daily checking and processing of invoices and expenses within the Chrome River system.
- Uploading of high volume costs for four suppliers through the Billback.
- Processing of domestic and international Barclaycards
- Processing of Reed and Mackay (Travel) Invoices
- Requirement to assist with Billing during Month end
- Essential relationship needs with the team in London as well as the immediate team in Manchester.
- This role will work closely with all members of the London AP & Cashiering team.
Experience and knowledge
- Some experience of working in a similar large or corporate firm, with consistent exposure to high volumes of work and the respective pressure this brings is beneficial for this role.
- Previous relevant experience of using Chrome River, or a similar cost automation platform is preferred.
- Understanding of VAT is preferable although training will be provided.
- Previous working knowledge of Elite Enterprise or similar accounting system is preferable but not essential.
Skills and competencies
- Strong communication skills are critical to this role, as is the ability to organise and prioritising workloads according to deadlines.
- Confidence in building relationships and initiating communication with team members based in different offices is essential.
- Must be able to work accurately under pressure, particularly at month end when the volumes of work increase.
- Flexibility in order to adjust to different tasks at short notice is also vital.
- Must demonstrate an excellent attitude towards work and team members at all times, being prepared to go above and beyond their own job role without prompting.
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our firm. At BLP we aim to create an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. BLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Resourcing Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.
To ensure all hardcopy and electronic materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP (“BLP”) is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, BLP uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
BLP adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with IT, legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website: https://jobs.blplaw.com/.