Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a great opportunity for a Project Manager with full project life-cycle experience to join our London based Technology department.
Who We Are
Slaughter and May, a leading City law firm with around 1,200 partners and worldwide staff, is regarded as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. Our lawyers focus on providing excellence in everything they do, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking international transactions. Clients include leading corporations, financial institutions and governments.
This focus on excellence is replicated throughout the firm with everyone in the legal and business services teams dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our external and internal clients.
Throughout the firm there is a friendly and supportive atmosphere, where every individual and personality can thrive and make a valued impact. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture values everyone’s contribution to making us a market leader.
The Project Manager will be responsible for a variety of IT projects across the business.
The Project Manager will report into the Head of Change Management. The individual will be responsible for the full lifecycle of IT related projects, including the client engagement stage through to implementation across the firm’s offices.
- PLANNING - Produce for each project a clearly defined plan, including critical path, dependencies, piloting and key milestones, ensure internal/external project participants take ownership for their responsibilities
- COMMUNICATION - Identify and communicate project status to key stakeholders and key project resources. Ensure meetings and decisions are recorded and communicated to the Project team
- REPORTING - Produce high level report for projects, show and articulate status on a regular basis
- RISK – Create and maintain a register and action list of tasks to deal with issues
- CONTRACTS - Ensure confidentiality and contracts are reviewed at the earliest opportunity to avoid any impact on projects
- SECURITY - Ensure security is reviewed at the optimum time to avoid any project impact, where appropriate plan alternative solution. Carry out Privacy Impact Assessments
- SUPPORT - Ensure relevant support teams are engaged and equipped with the necessary information and skills to support project initiatives to meet the project timeline
- PILOT - Plan the engagement of Pilot users, monitor and record feedback. Liaise with Programme Manager and the Change Manager on scheduling pilots
- ROLL OUT - Work with the Change Manager to plan the wider roll out of project. Plan the engagement of Pilot users, monitor and record feedback. Liaise with Programme Manager and the Change Manager on scheduling pilots
- BUDGET – Tracking project expenditure against budget
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment. We also require candidates to have:
- Prince 2 Practitioner or PMP qualified
- Implementing Dynamics 365 and hardware refresh projects (ideally Windows 10)
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Good multi tasker
- Proven Project Management experience
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of budget control
- Proven ability to work well with others and lead a team
- Good IT skills in particular legal software, including the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Document Management
- Practice Management
- Experience of working in a law firm
Our Recruitment Process
We anticipate this being a two-stage process:
Customer Service Manager & Strategy and Architecture Manager
Head of IT & HR Recruitment Adviser
Slaughter and May is committed to ensuring that our recruitment processes are barrier-free and as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you have any questions, or require any adjustments to be made to the application process or interview process, please let your consultant know.
The purpose of this description is to provide guidance in relation to the general requirements of the position referred to. It is by no means an exhaustive list of the responsibilities that will be involved.
Any offer of employment with us is subject to the firm receiving a satisfactory report from its third party screening and vetting agency in respect of the successful candidate. Your consultant will be able to explain how this process works in practice.