We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join our newly formed Solutions team. This is a permanent opportunity and will be based in our Bristol office.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been rewarded by winning two prestigious 'Law Firm of the Year' awards in 2015, as well as topping the Roll on Friday 'Firm of the Year' polls for Openness, Management and Culture.
Osborne Clarke's Solutions team play a crucial role in helping clients explore exactly how they would like legal and related services to be delivered to maximise the value to their businesses. The team is overtly focussed on the client first, and on developing new products and services to deliver existing services better, and to deliver entirely new services to meet growing client needs.
Our Solutions programme has two key goals. First, to make sure we’re responding to client demands for greater value, efficiency & certainty from their lawyers, whilst maintaining the highest quality. Secondly, in helping us bring innovative ideas to the delivery of our current, and new, services.
By talking to clients, using collaborative technology, and developing legal project management tools, we believe that we can continue to improve the value, efficiency and predictability of our services.
The programme has already delivered solutions to a number of clients, with hundreds of matters now being instructed, run and managed online. The team is now working on many more opportunities to design and implement new delivery and technology tools, and also help clients’ own process improvements.
The team also is heavily involved in ensuring that our lawyers have the products and resources needed to provide the best possible service to our clients.
The team is headed by a partner who is focussed full-time on developing and delivering new products and services. As the demands on the team grow, we have a need for more dedicated, legally experienced, resource to work with the team, other OC lawyers and clients, in producing and managing our growing portfolio of new products, services and solutions.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Head of the team, with a secondary report to the IT Applications Manger, the Data Engineer will assist in delivering our online presences in the most useful and attractive ways for clients.
You will be responsible for maximising the potential within our chosen software providers to script and configure solutions, and to integrate other applications. The goal is to create fuller, more valuable client solutions.
You'll work closely with other members of the Solutions team, and with clients, and with stakeholders from around the firm to understand and capture business and client requirements.
The successful candidate will also help engineer platforms to create much greater interactive graphical content and data visualisations for our online presences. You'll also assist in scripting operational elements of the platforms that we create – especially around automating alerts, processes and documentation. You will work closely with the IT department to assist in maximising the API capabilities of our core platform software so that we can increasingly integrate other existing, and target, applications.
What we're looking for
Previous experience of a role involving similar activities is preferred, whether in the legal industry, other professional services, or any other industry. You'll also have demonstrable experience of data solutions technologies.
- A passion for a variety of technology and the ability to strategically apply this into a commercial, corporate environment
- A keen interest in creative solutions and the benefits of an engaging UI/UX in creating highly adopted online solutions.
- Excellent client/stakeholder communication and relationship management
- Ability to work effectively with and influence a range of team members and senior stakeholders from across the firm and our clients
- An understanding and some experience of Agile software development, and design thinking.
- Knowledge of data-warehousing techniques and how they transfer to large data problems
- Demonstrable creative and commercial understanding and how that relates to opportunities in data and analytics.
- A passion for finding new ways of working and a desire to embrace change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to internal and external stakeholders of a variety of levels.
- Excellent levels of attention to detail and record keeping for solutions created.
- Positive team player and collaborative
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
Osborne Clarke is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.