IT Service Desk Manager
Leigh Day is seeking to appoint a highly personable IT Service Desk Manager. It would ideally appeal to a customer centric service desk manager / team leader, looking to make a positive impact in a hands-on role within a coveted, award winning, ‘claimant’ law firm renowned for ground breaking cases.
Reporting directly to the IT Director the role will involve;
- Management and development of 2xService Desk Analysts and 1xIT Trainee; scheduling out of hours rota/working times and provide backup support\guidance.
- Oversee all IT support requests, incidents and problems; act as escalation point and manage all IT Service Desk processes for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organisation.
- Develop and mature the portal/phone/ticket escalation processes.
- Regularly monitor client perception and satisfaction levels.
- Determine root cause of issues, trend, incidents, problems and implement controlled changes.
- Manage MSP vendor relationship depending on daily operational needs.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends.
- Implement IT best practice and customer service.
To be successful you must have;
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within professional services.
- Relevant experience of managing, mentoring and developing a small, strong technical support team.
- Demonstrate an approachable, friendly, personable manner.
- Proven track record with troubleshooting, ability to spot and diffuse potential escalations, resolve escalations and deliver an excellent service to key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non IT stakeholders regarding technical matters.
- Demonstrable experience in applying problem solving techniques to identify root cause and implement controlled changes
- A good understanding and appreciation of Leigh Day values and ethos.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft networks, including - but not limited to - Active Directory, Exchange mailbox administration, DNS, group policies; Knowledge of NTFS and share permissions, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, VPN devices; Wi-Fi technologies; Citrix; VMware infrastructure.
- Familiarity with the following hardware and software technologies or platforms: Windows 7/8.1/10, Office 2010, 2016, Symantec and Sophos security appliances (UTM) and software, Citrix XenApp, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, HP Thin-client Technology, Avaya IP Phones, Polycom conference phones, Cisco and HP switches
This is a permanent, full-time position based in London
Leigh Day is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.