Real Estate Paralegal
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's first polycentric global law firm. A top 20 firm on the Acritas 2015 Global Elite Brand Index, the Firm is committed to challenging the status quo in delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value in new and inventive ways. Driven to provide clients a competitive edge, and connected to the communities where its clients want to do business, Dentons knows that understanding local cultures is crucial to successfully completing a deal, resolving a dispute or solving a business challenge. Now the world's largest law firm, Dentons' global team builds agile, tailored solutions to meet the local, national and global needs of private and public clients of any size in more than 125 locations serving 50-plus countries.
No matter where our clients are in today’s competitive real estate market, advice with a global perspective is indispensable. Our clients need a team by their side to navigate this rapidly changing legal environment that’s often complicated by multijurisdictional issues. Whether they are an investor, lender, developer, landowner or tenant, a buyer or seller of real estate, they know the challenges of this market—and want experienced counsel from people who understand all their real estate needs.
At Dentons, we bring strong, established local, regional and global experience and know-how to help our clients succeed in all their real estate ventures and projects. With over 500 real estate lawyers and our commitment to an integrated approach, we give clients the comfort of a global presence with a deep understanding of the local real estate terrain. Because opportunities don’t wait, we anticipate trends and react with speed and certainty on client's behalf, collaborating with them every step of the way.
Whether our clients need expertise in real estate leasing, project finance, acquisition and disposition, development, construction, or investment, or they need the services of astute counsel to resolve a real estate dispute, our team of committed, respected professionals across the globe is keen to help our clients succeed. Where their needs extend beyond real estate, Dentons offers a panoply of legal expertise and services worldwide in all business-related areas, including: insolvency and debt restructuring, environmental and regulatory compliance, corporate structuring, taxation, and cross-border matters, to name but a few.
Purpose of role
To provide paralegal support to Partners and fee-earners within the Real Estate department
Handling and supporting real estate/landlord and tenant/financing matters under supervision
Case and transaction management e.g. drafting and checking documents, reviewing of title and searches,
Assisting with due diligence and other real estate projects
- File management and invoicing where required
- Carrying out legal and commercial market research, client service activity
- Provide back up support to the wider department in the project management of larger transactions
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Knowledge and understanding of paralegal work, obtained through work experience in a Real Estate or very similar environment
- A qualification in law e.g. law degree or Graduate Diploma in Law
- Legal Practice Course is preferred but not essential
- Possesses the confidence to deal effectively with Partners and professionals across the firm
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to interact positively at all levels and a good team player
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work; professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
- Exceptional proof-reader
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.