Learning and Development Assistant
Please note this role can be based in either Bristol or Birmingham.
Purpose of Role
To contribute to the execution and coordination of the Claims Solutions Group Academy, as part of the L & D team, to ensure that all events and programmes run smoothly, alongside maintaining L & D systems to enhance the user experience.
• Career Framework & Academy administration including:
- Managing CSG-Academy inbox and dealing with day to day Academy related queries
- Responsibility for maintenance of CSG-Academy intranet pages and updating Career Framework and Competencies documents
- Printing and distribution of Academy certificates
- Supporting quarterly Career Framework level change process
• Maintaining the Academy on the Learning Management System by:
- Ensuring Academy learning pathways are correctly allocated to individuals in the Claims Solutions Group
- Creating, updating and maintaining Academy content, including liaising with subject matter experts and the E-learning Developer to ensure training is up to date and relevant
- Adding new events and courses
- Updating attendance records and preparation of MI reports
• Co-ordinating and facilitating regular Claims Solutions Group Induction days and other induction training
• Co-ordinating leadership and promotion team feedback process
• Working alongside the L&D team to support the smooth running of Academy programmes and events, to include;
- Sourcing and booking internal rooms and external venues
- Liaising with facilities and reception to arrange room set up
- Liaising with training providers to prepare for events
- Preparation of materials for courses
- Advertising ad hoc events
- Sending invitations, reminders and joining instructions
- Co-ordinating feedback
- Collating participant lists, as well as tracking and chasing attendance for training events
• Supporting wider Claims Solutions Group projects and the ongoing continuous development and set up of the Career Framework and Academy.
• Experience within Learning and Development or Events Management preferably in professional services – desirable not essential
• Excellent organisational skills
• Basic Project Management Experience is preferred
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
• Excellent attention to detail
• Organised and able to prioritise and manage a constantly changing workload
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly PC literate with strong systems skills, use of Microsoft office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word essential
• Experience in the use of a Learning Management System and/or Document Management System desirable not essential
• Experience of using I Design and Survey Monkey is an advantage
• Demonstrated understanding of event budget management is an advantage
About the firm
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.